Tax Intern (Year-Round)
Company: JLG Industries
Posted on: December 3, 2019
COMPANY PROFILEOshkosh Corporation is a leading manufacturer and
marketer of access equipment, specialty vehicles and truck bodies
for the primary markets of defense, concrete placement, refuse
hauling, access equipment and fire & emergency. Founded in 1917,
Oshkosh Corporation has manufacturing operations in nine U.S.
states and in Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, France,
Mexico, The Netherlands, and Romania. The company currently employs
approximately 12,100 people worldwide.Oshkosh Corporation is a
Fortune 350, multi-billion dollar company. Oshkosh Corporation
designs and builds the world's toughest specialty trucks, truck
bodies, and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with
the people who use them.POSITION SUMMARYAssist and support the
corporate tax department. The corporate tax interns are responsible
for the below tasks but the department has two intern positions, so
the tasks are split between both positions. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Prepare estimated state income tax payment vouchers.
- Prepare state income tax extensions.
- Process various tax refunds.
- Reconcile tax accounts in blackline.
- Mail, photo copy, and file state income tax returns.
- Prepare state tax apportionment information.
- Assist with state income tax and sales and use tax audits.
- Prepare sales and use tax returns.
- Prepare state income tax returns.
- Assist with the preparation of federal income tax returns and
5471/8858 international tax returns.
- Conduct various tax related research, including country by
country reporting (CbCR) items.
- Maintain the tax calendar for CbCR related documentation and
- Prepare sales and use tax exemption certificates.
- Prepare applications for the United States Residency
Certificate (Form 6166).
- Resolve various state income tax notices.
- Assist in other tax projects as required.BASIC
- Student in a Sophomore standing or greater working towards a
Bachelors degree in Accounting and who has completed Intermediate
Accounting courses or will complete within the next year.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel required.
- Willing to work year-round; part-time during school year &
full-time during summer.
- Willing to travel or relcoate to Oshkosh, WIOshkosh Corporation
is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This
company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will
in no way affect the decision regarding an employment
application.Oshkosh Corporation will not discharge or in any manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with
Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.Certain
positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled
goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants
for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in
these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen,
lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted
as a refugee or granted asylum.
Keywords: JLG Industries, Oshkosh , Tax Intern (Year-Round), Accounting, Auditing , Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!