Director of Engineering
Company: Oshkosh Defense LLC
Posted on: June 17, 2022
About Oshkosh Defense, an Oshkosh companyOshkosh Defense stands
behind those who dedicate their lives to protecting others. As an
industry-leading tactical vehicle manufacturer, every day we strive
to meet or exceed our customers' ever-changing needs with next
generation defense technologies and advanced systems. We operate
with unparalleled commitment to those who depend on our products
and services worldwide to perform their missions.JOB
SUMMARY:Provide leadership including managerial and technical
aspects, to accomplish the strategic objectives. Assure design,
research and development efforts meet customer requirements, the
process results in cost effective, high quality products and
services that are innovative, technically superior, and safe to
operate. Maintain effective communication with executive leadership
regarding program and technical activities.This role will be based
in Oshkosh, WI and relocation will be provided for all qualified
candidatesESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:These duties are
not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Provide coaching and development for their leaders including
exposure to workforce planning, succession planning, resource
allocation, horizon planning, conflict resolution, people first
- Lead engineering teams consisting of managers, engineers,
- Plans, directs, and coordinates business and product strategy
to ensure alignment with organizational goals.
- Prepare and controls department budget(s), forecasts operating
costs of department, and directs preparation of budget
- Possesses a high level of P&L responsibility.
- Understand market share and P&L for their product lines -
strong business acumen.
- Provide operations management expertise as related to employee
development, time study, product flow, equipment needs, with a
strong understanding and application of safety provisions and
- Collaboration with cross- functional and cross-segment leaders
to achieve strategic initiatives and business goals.
- Present and defend technical engineering decisions to
Engineering leadership, Oshkosh Leadership, and external
- Provide input to Bid and Proposal requirements related to
design, research, test and development support of the programs.
Manage the budgeting process to include recommending capital
improvements and preparing justification data as required.
- Research, study, and propose use of new technologies to be used
in the design build of new and improved products.
- Prepare and issue management information reports on specific
programs and projects relating to engineering systems, production
engineering, product design and development, and test results.
- Enforce the proper use of engineering criteria and vehicle
- Ensure that technical issues are resolved within the framework
of company policies and procedures.
- Ensure that teams are aligned and in compliance with
certifications such as IATF 16949.
- Evaluate designs for cost, schedule, performance, safety, and
reliability and communicate opportunities back to other engineering
- Oversee the creation and maintain project documentation for
project planning, requirements analysis, risk management, issues
management, status reporting, quarterly EAC's, project
communication, and quality assurance.
- Perform job duties in an ethical, professional manner which is
consistent with the Oshkosh Way. Conduct duties consistent with the
Company's mission statement, quality objectives, and defined
policies and procedures.
- Oversee the team's preparedness and compliance in support of
GPD001 for all programs and projects.
- Understand effective design, build and test data management to
ensure Oshkosh products meet the specific performance requirements
of designs and will allow advancement of Oshkosh's technological
- Provide leadership to the Business Unit (BU) engineering group
as needed to support BU and Corporate business objectives. This
includes the development of a strategic vision for the department
as well as providing effective support for all aspects of the
organization through the creation of cost effective, innovative
products and processes.
- Provide management/leadership to staff including resource
planning, scheduling, and administration to ensure program
- Prepare technical proposals, quotations, reports and
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 15 or more years of related engineering experience
- Five (5) or more years of management experiencePREFERRED
- Master's degree in related field
- Extensive knowledge of advanced engineering tactics
- Trained in risk assessment and other quality processes
- Possess a strong mechanical knowledge of vehicles and related
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Experience and active participation in relevant professional
organizations (SAE, IEEE, etc.)
- Demonstrate effective performance in an engineering leadership
role, developing innovative products utilizing state of the art
engineering tools and processes
- Able to obtain a security clearance as required by the job
- Ability to obtain a Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with automotive or heavy-vehicle equipmentWORKING
- Physical Demands: Frequent Sitting, Hearing, Talking, Visual,
Typing, Manual Dexterity; Seldom Standing, Walking/Running,
Sitting, Reaching, Driving, Bending/Kneeling, Fine Dexterity.
- USA100Oshkosh is committed to working with and offering
reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If
you need assistance or an accommodation due to disability for any
part of the employment process, please contact us at: 920-502-3009
or email@example.com.Oshkosh Corporation
is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This
company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will
in no way affect the decision regarding an employment
application.Oshkosh Corporation will not discharge or in any manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with
Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.Certain
positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled
goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants
for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in
these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen,
lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted
as a refugee or granted asylum.
Keywords: Oshkosh Defense LLC, Oshkosh , Director of Engineering, Engineering , Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!