Automotive Body Shop Technician
Company: Bergstrom Auto
Posted on: September 29, 2018
We are seeking a candidate who contributes to guest satisfaction by performing vehicle body repairs and restore the guest's vehicles to top working condition and top appearance. This is an amazing opportunity for the right candidate and we provide ongoing corporate training programs and individual coaching.
Bergstrom Automotive, Wisconsin's largest automotive dealer, one of the largest in the US and recently recognized by the Best Companies Group as one of the top 10 dealerships to work for in the United States for the fourth consecutive year, is looking to add to its award-winning team!
We offer a comprehensive benefits program, to help protect the health and financial security of you and your family.
At Bergstrom, we try to have fun at work every day and take pride in rewarding our teammates when they excel. We would love to add more positive, upbeat people to our growing team!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Promotes and upholds the 11 Bergstrom Guest Service Basics and Bergstrom Standards.
- Repairs vehicles per estimate and according to manufacturer standards.
- Checks parts against estimate and ensures proper parts are ordered and received.
- Prepares vehicles for body repair work.
- Removes upholstery, accessories, electrical and hydraulic window-and-seat operating equipment, and trim to gain access to vehicle body and fenders.
- Fills depressions with body filler, using putty knife.
- Removes damaged fenders, panels, and grills, using wrenches or welding equipment.
- Files, grinds, and sands repaired surfaces, using power tools and hand tools.
- Provides Body Shop Manager with written estimates on parts.
- Notifies management of any additional repairs needed.
- Paints surfaces after performing body repairs.
- Notifies management of any difficulties or problems that may prevent a quality job from being performed or cause a change in the promised time.
- Maintains tools and equipment in a proper state of repair.
- Maintains and wears all required safety and health personal protective equipment, including respirator, in the manner recommended by the equipment manufacturer.
- Complies with all laws and regulations pertaining to paint, thinners, and other hazardous materials. Reports any deviations to management.
- Cooperates and assists other personnel in the repair and prepping of vehicles.
- Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations that affect body shop operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Ability to interact effectively with guests and team members.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- Provides efficient, courteous service that exceeds the expectations of our guests and team members.
- Raises spirit, morale, and attitude of team members with own positive attitude.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- One year certificate from college or technical school and/or training, experience and/or equivalent combination.
- Thorough understanding of automotive systems and a working knowledge of repairs for damaged body parts and bodies of vehicles.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Driver's license with a reputable driving record.
We take great steps to take care of our guests. We do the same for our Team Members. Bergstrom Automotive offers a comprehensive benefits program, to help protect the health and financial security of you and your family.
- 401 (k) Planning
- Flex Spending, Dependent Care, Health Savings Account
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health and Prescription Drug Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Quit Smoking Programs
- Vacation and Holiday Pay
- Verizon Wireless Discount
- Bergstrom Apparel Discount
- Fitness Club Discounts
- Formalized& Paid Training Programs
Keywords: Bergstrom Auto, Oshkosh , Automotive Body Shop Technician, Engineering , Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!