Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: January 26, 2023
$75-100K plus 10% bonus
Our food and packaging manufacturing client in the Oshkosh,
Wisconsin area is looking to hire an Environmental Health Safety
Manager (EHS Manager). The Environmental, Health & Safety Manager
has the responsibility for managing the Environmental, Health &
Safety programs at 2 Wisconsin facilities.
- Monitor and assist the facility with compliance of all
applicable company environmental, safety and health standards as
well as all federal, state and local regulations.
- Develop compliance plans for air and water permits. Manage
- Oversee and maintain compliance with PSM programs in
cooperation with site managers including engineers, maintenance
supervisor, plant manager and production manager. Work
cooperatively with outside consultants.
- Develop and maintain company environmental, health and safety
programs at the facility.
- Work with the highest ethical standard for legal compliance and
demonstrate a true passion for employee safety.
- Manage plant safety, health and loss prevention programs.
Develop policies and procedures to ensure that occupational safety
and health standards are maintained throughout the facility.
Utilize IH equipment to determine employ's exposures to noise and
air contaminants. Perform fit-testing for respirator
- Maintain all required environmental, health & safety program
records and legal documents.
- Regularly inspect plant for unsafe conditions as they relate to
equipment, process, and facility.
- Actively participate with the plant management team to develop
corrective actions for identified risks. Track corrective actions
to completion in accordance with the facility corrective action
- Professionally train, counsel and advise personnel on all
identified safety risks, and establish a proactive approach to
providing a safe working environment for everyone at the
- Conduct new employee EHS orientations. Lead and oversee the
monthly EHS training program.
- Schedule and assist the plant with having monthly safety
- In cooperation with area managers and first-line supervisors
investigate all injuries, environmental releases and serious near
- Immediately report all injuries, environmental releases and
serious near misses to the Plant Manager. Submit a written
notification of all injuries, environmental releases, and serious
near misses to the corporate EHS department using the RCI reporting
- Complete a first report of injury with Workers Compensation
Carrier if required for a workplace injury. Monitor return to work
instructions given by health care provider and advise area managers
and supervisors on appropriate return-to-work activities. Manage
all site workers compensation claims.
- Under the direction of the Corporate Director of EHS,
participate in special assignments as they relate to corporate EHS
audits, new facility pre-startup safety reviews, and EHS training
- Actively participate in all safety activities taking place at
the facility including safety observations, inspections, training,
audits, and incident investigations. Lead the site Safety
Committee. Lead the site Safety/GMP audit team; comprised of QA,
maintenance and production.
- Develop working relationships with outside regulators including
fire, police, wastewater, and WDNR officials.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Environmental, Health, and
Occupational Safety or related field
- ASP, CSP, CIH or other related certificates preferred
- 5-7 years' work experience in a manufacturing setting working
with environmental, health and safety programs.
- Food Manufacturing or Packaging experience highly
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and organizational
- Strong knowledge of computer software applications
- Knowledge of OSHA, EPA, and DNR regulations
Keywords: Job Juncture, Oshkosh , EHS Manager, Executive , Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!