DIRECTOR, STRATEGIC DEVELOPMENT
Company: Oshkosh Defense
Posted on: September 12, 2018
At Oshkosh Defense, we stand behind those who dedicate their lives to protecting others. Every day we strive to meet or exceed our customers' ever-changing needs with next generation defense technologies and advanced systems. We operate with unparalleled commitment to those who depend on our products and services worldwide to perform their missions.
Oshkosh Defense is a segment of Oshkosh Corporation, which is a Fortune 500, multi-billion dollar company. At Oshkosh Corporation we are dedicated to designing and building the world's toughest specialty trucks, truck bodies, and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
The Director of Strategic Development is responsible for the creation and deployment of strategic growth opportunities. Working with the strategy team, this position addresses all phases of the strategic planning process, including initial lead and opportunity management, market/competitive customer intelligence, business systems intelligence, and overall customer relationship management. This position plays a critical role in facilitating communication across the segment and ensuring all internal customers have the support they need to create 3-5-year strategic business plans. The Director of Strategic Development is also responsible for managing resources, processes, and systems to support profitable business growth and improve our competitive position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Spearhead global new market expansion projects that are consistent with the business strategy.
- Analyze market, industry, regulatory and technology trends and incorporate them into a comprehensive growth strategy that extends Oshkosh's capabilities and financial performance.
- Strategize with the leadership team on new market entry strategies including approaches for different industries, target audiences, products and lines of services.
- Drive new market expansion strategies into the annual strategic and financial planning processes.
- Manage processes related to new market expansion research, evaluation, investments and execution.
- Manage complex contract business negotiations involving Legal, Finance, and Business Development team members with industry partners, suppliers, M&A targets, and others as necessary.
- Drive market and financial analysis and recommendations to business leaders for key new market expansion growth targets.
- Standardize and centralize all business development tools and processes.
- Expand internal comprehensive market and competitive intelligence capability.
- Organize current consultant and market research vendor base and addressing any gaps in capabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field.
- Ten (10) or more years of experience in market research and analysis, strategic business planning, or in a related area.
- Five (5) or more years of management experience.
- Thought leadership, change management, and project management experience.
- Ability to interact with company personnel, build strong relationships at all levels of the organization, and understands business imperatives.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills; including the ability to conduct executive level presentations.
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Publisher, etc.).
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Master's Degree in Business, Finance, or related field.
- In depth understanding of government contracting and the federal budget process
- Experience working in aerospace or defense
- Successful track record of strategic partnerships, joint ventures or mergers and acquisitions
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Oshkosh Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.
Keywords: Oshkosh Defense, Oshkosh , DIRECTOR, STRATEGIC DEVELOPMENT, Executive , Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!