Company: Ascension (System Office)
Posted on: January 12, 2020
We Are Hiring
Respiratory Therapist - PRN Nights - Mercy Medical Center -
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Wisconsin operates 24 hospital campuses and more than 100
related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Ascension
Wisconsin employs more than 1,300 primary and specialty care
clinicians. Ascension Wisconsin is a faith-based healthcare
organization that has been serving the state since 1848. In FY2018,
Ascension Wisconsin provided more than $292 million in community
benefit, including care of persons living in poverty.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to
transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As
one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the
U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate,
personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In
FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons
living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ministry Health Care, you will have the
opportunity to provide evaluation of and care for patients with
* Assesses patient for appropriate type and frequency of treatment
and develops a plan of care based on diagnosis.
* Implements and monitors patient care plan and equipment.
Monitors, records and communicates patient condition. Performs
advanced respiratory care modalities.
* Evaluates respiratory practice, administration of medications,
and treatment based on patient outcomes.
* Educates the patient and family about the health condition and
provides information about community support groups and other
* Assists with care, calibration and maintenance of all equipment.
Participates in maintaining departmental inventory levels for
supplies and equipment. Processes equipment per established
* Responds to emergency resuscitation team calls.
What You Will Need
* Required Credential(s):
* BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job
* Respiratory Care Practitioner credentialed from the Wisconsin
Medical Examining Board obtained prior to hire date or job transfer
* One or more of the following:
* Respiratory Therapist specializing in Registered credentialed
from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) obtained prior
to hire date or job transfer date.
* Respiratory Therapist credentialed from the National Board for
Respiratory Care (NBRC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer
* Preferred Credential(s):
* Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart
* Certification specializing in Neonatal Resuscitation credentialed
from the American Heart Association (AHA).
* Pediatric Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American
Heart Association (AHA).
* High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or
Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
* None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not
discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of
age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability,
arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran
status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Keywords: Ascension (System Office), Oshkosh , Respiratory Therapist, Healthcare , Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!