Certified Dosimetrist - Ascension Mercy Hospital
Company: Ascension (System Office)
Posted on: January 12, 2020
We Are Hiring
Certified Dosimetrist - Radiation Oncology Ascension Mercy
Hospital, Oshkosh - Part Time Days (Benefit Eligible) - 20 Hours
Weekly - Hours are flexible between 8-4:30 Monday through Friday -
On site presence is preferred, remote presence will be
As a dosimetrist with St. Elizabeth Hospital, you will have the
opportunity to ensure the quality of care through designing
treatment plans. The medical dosimetrist will be joining a
treatment team of one dosimetrist, two radiation oncologists, three
physicists, and seven radiation therapists. Our facility consists
of two locations (Oshkosh and Appleton) and is equipped with two
Varian Truebeam accelerators, a Tomotherapy Hi-Art linear
accelerator, Nucletron MicroSelectron HDR brachytherapy, Varisource
LDR brachytherapy, and two Toshiba Aquilion CT simulators.
Modalities include 3D, IMRT, VMAT, SBRT, SRS, LDR and HDR
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Wisconsin operates 24 hospital campuses and more than 100
related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Ascension
Wisconsin employs more than 1,300 primary and specialty care
clinicians. Ascension Wisconsin is a faith-based healthcare
organization that has been serving the state since 1848. In FY2018,
Ascension Wisconsin provided more than $292 million in community
benefit, including care of persons living in poverty.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to
transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As
one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the
U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate,
personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In
FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons
living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to
develop and administer radiation therapy treatment plans under the
direction of medical physicist and radiation oncologist.
* Designs a treatment plan to deliver a prescribed radiation dose
and field to a defined tumor volume.
* Assists with or performs the application of specific methods of
dosimetry, including intracavitary and interstitial brachytherapy
* Assists with or performs the fabrication of beam modifying
devices and immobilization devices.
* Provides technical support for radiation protection procedures
and qualitative machine calibrations of equipment.
* Maintains radiation safety for self, co-workers and patients in
accordance with NRC guidelines.
* Assist physicist in the design and implementation of research
activities and performs special projects related to dosimetry.
* Proficiency in planning with Varian Eclipse Treatment Planning
System for all types of plans 3DCRT, 4D SBRT, IMRT, and VMAT. SRS
and Brachytherapy planning skills would be a plus.
* Preferred planning skills with Tomotherapy Planning station
* Preferred experience with ARIA
* Preferred experience with MIM
* Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills from patient
setups during simulations and throughout the patient's treatment
* Collaborates with physicists and physician for patient care
* Ability to function with minimal supervision and manage multiple
* Must be a team player and effective communicator
* Must be able to assist remote planner
What You Will Need
* Required Credential(s):
* Medical Dosimetrist credentialed from the Medical Dosimetrist
Certification Board obtained prior to hire date or job transfer
* High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or
Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
* None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not
discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of
age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability,
arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran
status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Keywords: Ascension (System Office), Oshkosh , Certified Dosimetrist - Ascension Mercy Hospital, Healthcare , Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!