RN Medicare Specialist
Posted on: February 24, 2021
The Medicare Specialist coordinates the RAI process and ensures
the timelines, accuracy, and completeness of the MDS, CAAS, and
Interdisciplinary Comprehensive Care Plans. You ensure that
clinical documentation is accurate and complete, and meets federal,
state, and certification guidelines FACILITY DETAILS:Peabody Manor
is a 58-bed Skilled Nursing Facility that provides three post-acute
rehabilitation units as well as one long term care unit. Peabody
Manor is a 5-Star facility that takes pride in the care provided to
our residents, as well as promoting a team-driven atmosphere that
empowers all staff members. Peabody staffs a high per patient day
ratio to ensure quality outcomes for patients and staff
Come Join our Team! Here is a short video on our staff:
- Coordinates the resident Minimum Data Set (MDS) assessments,
communicates with other team members who need to complete
interviews prior to Assessment Reference Date (ARD), and completes
sections on the MDS for successful submission to CMS.
- Tracks therapy minutes, ARD dates, and need for Change of
Therapy Assessments to ensure the correct MDS is completed to
maintain regulatory compliance.
- Completes assessments/interviews for MDS completion prior to
- Ensures MDS assessments are completed within time constraints
and prepared for submission to CMS.
- Obtains Medicare recertifications to support the need for
continued skilled service.
- Monitors resident condition for the need of a Change of
Condition MDS Assessment to be completed as required by CMS.
- Audits charting while working through MDS data compilation and
follows up with team members as needed for errors/education on
- Uses MDS and CAA information to formulate the resident's
Comprehensive Care Plan, and updates the care plan as needed with
- Analyzes the CMS 5-Star, Quality Measure and Quality indicator
reports to ensure high quality and safety measures are in
- Participates in an on-call rotation with other Nursing
- Plays an integral role as a member of the nursing team as well
as the Interdisciplinary Team to provide quality care to those that
- Current Wisconsin RN Licensure
- Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) OR Associates Degree in
Nursing with an agreement to obtain the BSN within five years.
- Preference of Experience in MDS Role/Completing MDS
Keywords: ThedaCare, Oshkosh , RN Medicare Specialist, Healthcare , Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!