staff - Registered Nurse (RN) - Float Clinic - $32-52 per hour
Company: Advocate Aurora Health
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Advocate Aurora Health is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Float
Clinic for a nursing job in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.Job Description &
- Specialty: Clinic
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- 40 hours per week
- Shift: days
- Employment Type: Staff
- Uses the nursing process to provide ongoing care (assess, plan,
intervention, and evaluation). Recognizes and responds to changes
in a patient's status and need for care. Determines priorities of
patient care based on essential patient needs.
- Provides triage and consultation to patient, family, and/or
significant others according to protocol and organization
guidelines. Communicates with physicians and other members of the
health care team. Documents and communicates accurate and timely
information regarding patient conditions.
- Prepares and rooms the patient for exam by obtaining vital
signs and documenting/updating pertinent health information (i.e.
chief complaint, allergies, medications).
- Performs laboratory procedures (i.e. strep test, wound culture,
specimen collection, etc.) using principles of aseptic technique
and standard precautions / infection control guidelines. Assists
the physician/provider with procedures and surgeries such as pelvic
exams, allergy scratch testing, EMG, cautery, colposcopy, etc.
- Administers medications, under physician/provider orders,
including: immunizations, antibiotics, narcotic pain medications,
vitamins, topical agents, insulin, blood thinners, and allergy
antigens. Initiates, maintains and discontinues IV therapy;
performs mixing of medications according to protocols.
- Assesses and provides basic to complex patient education and
counseling on the performance of tasks, skills, treatment and
self-care integrating health promotion and preventive aspects of
care. Follows through with necessary procedure or test requests,
prescription refills, new appointment times and referrals to other
facilities or services. Refers questions to physician/provider and
relays information back to patient as directed.
- Performs advanced clinical tasks or skills such as removal of
sutures and staples, catheterization, audiograms, laboratory
procedures (throat/nose culture, drug screen, phlebotomy -
butterfly, venous access, heel stick), spirometry, Holter monitor
application, casting, complex wound care, fetal heart tone
monitoring, Hickman/port-a-cath/PIC line, central line care,
conscious sedation, anti-coagulation clinic operation, etc., with
demonstrated competency and under clinical supervision.
- Assists in the development and implementation of staff
orientation, competency and educational activities. Acts as an
expert clinical and department resource. May provide work direction
to other staff and/or assist with patient care flow and the
provision of services.
- Organizes and prepares exam rooms, lab and work areas
including: cleaning, stocking, ordering supplies, and maintaining
- Completes routine maintenance and quality monitoring of clinic
equipment using appropriate technique when cleaning, sterilizing
and caring for instruments and other equipment.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to
provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served. Must
demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development
over the life span and possess the ability to assess data
reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate
information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative
to his/her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as
described in the department's policies and procedures. Age-specific
information is developed further in the departmental job
standards.Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification Required:
- Registered Nurse license issued by the state in which the team
member practices, and
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare
Providers--certification issued by the American Heart Association
(AHA) needs to be obtained within 6 months unless department leader
has determined it is not required.Education Required:
- Associate's Degree in Nursing.Experience Required:
- No experience required.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal
skills; ability to develop rapport and maintain positive,
professional relationships with a variety of patients, staff and
- Demonstrated ability to effectively make critical, independent
- Excellent organization, prioritization and problem solving
- Demonstrated leadership skills including delegation,
organization, prioritization and building team rapport.
- Proficient computer skills including keyboarding, navigation
within a windows operating system, use of electronic mail and
electronic medical records systems.Physical Requirements and
- Must sit, stand, walk, lift, squat, bend, twist, crawl, kneel,
climb, and reach above shoulders throughout the workday.
- Must be able to:
- lift up to 50 lbs from floor to waist.
- lift up to 20 lbs over the head.
- carry up to 40 lbs a reasonable distance.
- Must be able to:
- push/pull with 30 lbs of force.
- perform a sliding transfer of 150 lbs with a second person
- Will be exposed to the following hazards on a frequent basis:
mechanical, electrical, chemical, blood and body fluids. Will be
required to wear protective clothing and equipment as needed.
- Must have functional speech, vision, hearing, and touch with
ability to use fine-hand manipulation skills.
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job.This job
description indicates the general nature and level of work expected
of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform
other related duties.Advocate Aurora Health Job ID #R86375. Posted
job title: Specialty Nurse Float ClinicAbout Advocate Aurora
HealthAdvocate Aurora Health's 22,000 nurses demonstrate our values
of excellence, compassion and respect, collaborating to advance our
stated purpose of helping people live well. To encourage you to be
the best nurse you can, Advocate Aurora will provide support, tools
and resources for orientation, education and professional
development, in the care setting that is best for you. Your voice
as a team member will be heard clearly whether you're at one of our
10 Magnet-- designated hospitals or more than 500 sites of
care.--Join our team and be inspired to chart a course for Advocate
Aurora to become the best place in the nation for nurses to pursue
- Holiday Pay
- Guaranteed Hours
- Continuing Education
- 401k retirement plan
- Pet insurance
- Wellness and fitness programs
- Mileage reimbursement
- Employee assistance programs
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Life insurance
- Discount program
Keywords: Advocate Aurora Health, Oshkosh , staff - Registered Nurse (RN) - Float Clinic - $32-52 per hour, Healthcare , Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!