staff - Registered Nurse (RN) - Med Surg - $32-52 per hour
Company: Advocate Aurora Health
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Advocate Aurora Health is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Med
Surg for a nursing job in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.Job Description &
- Specialty: Med Surg
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- 36 hours per week
- Shift: flexible
- Employment Type: Staff
- The FNE/SANE nurse will conduct a forensic examination of the
patient, cataloging evidence of physical or sexual abuse that may
be used in a court case or police proceedings. Additionally, the
FNE/SANE nurse will conduct a forensic interview, asking the victim
about the incident(s) of abuse.
- During the forensic examination, the FNE/SANE nurse may be
required to collect specimens and DNA samples, take photographs of
bruises and other injuries, and conduct a detailed physical and
genital examination based on patient preference.
- The FNE/SANE nurse's primary goal is to ensure that the patient
receives the necessary medical care and to provide guidance and
support throughout any required treatments.
- Provides work direction to the FNE/SANE staff responsibility
for the coordination of resources to efficiently support
procedures, day-to-day operations, and the smooth flow of patients
through the department.
- Provides support for direct patient care by performing the
nursing process to deliver safe, therapeutic, and quality care
through assessment of patients, establishment and implementation of
the nursing care plan, and evaluation of clinical outcomes when
necessary.-- Promotes an environment conducive to the delivery of
safe, efficient, and quality patient care.
- Acts as a resource to employees, which includes
training/orienting, providing day-to-day work direction, and giving
input on performance.-- Assigns, monitors, and reviews progress and
accuracy of work, directs efforts and provides guidance on more
complex issues in collaboration with the unit leadership.
- Assists with human resource responsibilities, which may include
interviewing and selection of new employees, resolution of employee
concerns, and employee moral or other duties as assigned in
collaboration with unit leadership.
- Monitors employee assignments, maintains staff scheduling,
evaluates staffing levels, and adjusts as necessary to maintain
productivity level established for assigned area(s).
- Monitors the quality of care provided.-- Assists in ensuring
policies and procedures are followed in compliance with the medical
center, the Nursing department, and based on International
Association of Forensic Nursing guidelines.
- Works with management in developing new and existing programs
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to
provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served.-- Must
demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development
over the life span and possess the ability to assess data
reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate
information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative
to his/her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as
described in the department's policies and procedures.--
Age-specific information is developed further in the departmental
job standards.Licensure, Registration and/or Certification
- Registered Nurse license issued by the state in which the team
member practices, and
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare
Providers--certification issued by the American Heart Association
(AHA) needs to be obtained within 6 months.Education Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- IL based nurses will be required to obtain a certificate of
completion from the Office of the Attorney General (OAG) following
the completion of the didactic training and clinical log prior to
- WI based nurses will be required to complete didactic training
and clinical skills training prior to practicing independently as a
forensic nurse examiner.Experience Required:
- Typically requires 5 years of experience in clinical nursing
within an acute care setting.----Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrates a holistic approach to nursing practice committed
to meeting the needs of the patient and family.
- Clinical and technical knowledge in area(s) of specialty.
- Ability to apply evidence-based interventions and nursing
skills/technology to correlate to the patient's response to an
individualized plan of care.
- Ability to recognize situational changes that require unplanned
- Proficient computer skills including keyboarding, navigation
within a windows operating system, use of electronic mail and
electronic medical records systems.
- Excellent communication, listening and interpersonal
- Demonstrates human relation skills with the ability to develop
rapport and maintain positive, professional relationships with a
variety of patients, staff and physicians.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively make critical, independent
decisions and the ability to think ahead, anticipate learning needs
and take preventive actions.
- Demonstrates time management skills with an ability to
multi-task and prioritize.
- Skilled at coaching and developing employees to achieve the
quality and service standards of the International Association of
Forensic NursesCertification Addendum:
- Certification encouraged is the International Association of
Forensic Nursing Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner Adult/Adolescent
(SANE-A) and Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner Pediatric (SANE-P)
certifications.----Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, lift, squat, bend, reach
above shoulders, and twist frequently throughout the workday.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. from floor to waist, lift up
to 20 lbs. over the head, carry up to 40 lbs. a reasonable
- Must be able to: push/pull with 30 lbs. of force, perform a
sliding transfer of 150 lbs. with a second person present.
- Position requires use of foot pedals on carts or machines.
- May be exposed to chemical and hazardous waste as well as blood
and body fluids and communicable disease.-- Therefore, protective
clothing and equipment must be worn as necessary.--
- Must have functional speech, vision, hearing, and touch with
ability to use fine hand manipulation skills for IV insertion and
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job.This job
description indicates the general nature and level of work expected
of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform
other related duties.Advocate Aurora Health Job ID #R76850. Posted
job title: Registered Nurse- Sexual Assault Treatment Center-
OshkoshAbout Advocate Aurora HealthAdvocate Aurora Health's 22,000
nurses demonstrate our values of excellence, compassion and
respect, collaborating to advance our stated purpose of helping
people live well. To encourage you to be the best nurse you can,
Advocate Aurora will provide support, tools and resources for
orientation, education and professional development, in the care
setting that is best for you. Your voice as a team member will be
heard clearly whether you're at one of our 10 Magnet-- designated
hospitals or more than 500 sites of care.--Join our team and be
inspired to chart a course for Advocate Aurora to become the best
place in the nation for nurses to pursue their passion.Benefits
- Holiday Pay
- Guaranteed Hours
- Continuing Education
- 401k retirement plan
- Pet insurance
- Wellness and fitness programs
- Mileage reimbursement
- Employee assistance programs
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Life insurance
- Discount program
Keywords: Advocate Aurora Health, Oshkosh , staff - Registered Nurse (RN) - Med Surg - $32-52 per hour, Healthcare , Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!