Biomedical Equipment Tech - Oshkosh Hospital and southern clinics
Company: Advocate Health
Posted on: November 17, 2023
- Under general supervision, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs
diagnostic and therapeutic medical devices utilizing established
electronic test and measurement equipment and techniques.
- Responsibilities may include work on a mix of Biomedical and
Diagnostic Imaging equipment, but majority of work will be related
to non-Imaging equipment.
- Assists with the installation, calibration and testing of new
medical electronic devices and/or systems. Performs any required
work on medical electronic devices in accordance with manufacturers
recommendations, applicable codes, standards, corporate policy, and
department policy. This includes planned maintenance, corrective
maintenance, incoming inspections, and equipment
- Provides operational and technical advice on equipment to
medical and clinical staff when needed. Interacts with clinical
staff on a regular basis to ensure needs are being met.
- Acts as a technical resource for Biomedical students (interns)
to help them grow in ability, responsibility, and experience.
- Documents and maintains accurate records of all inspections,
repairs, adjustments, etc., performed on all equipment, for any
work performed by self or a vendor. Interacts with manufacturers'
representatives to obtain the necessary technical product service
- Requests and/or orders necessary repair and spare parts
according to established procedures and contract
- Participates in both internal and external educational programs
through professional associations, technical training courses, and
seminars to develop and maintain the required current technical
- Escalates situations or questions beyond their scope of
knowledge or responsibility to appropriate staff.Licensure,
Registration, and/or Certification Required:None Required.Education
Required:High School Diploma or GEDExperience Required:No
experience required.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of biomedical equipment, which includes preventative
maintenance, troubleshooting experience.
- Basic proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office or similar
products (primarily Word and Excel).
- Use of personal vehicle for travel to various sites is
required/expected.Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Walks the majority of the workday as well as stands, sits,
lifts, bends, and reaches above shoulders throughout.
- Must be able to:
- - lift up to 25 lbs. from floor to waist and up to 30 lbs.
- - lift and carry up to 40 lbs. at waist height a reasonable
- Must be able to:
- - push with 50 lbs. of force.
- - pull with 40 lbs. of force.
- Working environment may contain dust/dirt, fumes and
- Exposed to mechanical, electrical, and chemical hazards as well
as blood and body fluids. As a result, protective clothing must be
worn as necessary.
- Position requires travel. May be exposed to road and weather
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job.This job
description indicates the general nature and level of work expected
of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform
other related duties.
Keywords: Advocate Health, Oshkosh , Biomedical Equipment Tech - Oshkosh Hospital and southern clinics, Healthcare , Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!