Quality Assurance/ Lab Intern (Onsite)
Company: Schreiber Foods
Location: Wisconsin Rapids
Posted on: November 20, 2023
The Richland Center laboratory is looking for an ongoing paid
intern to assist laboratory staff in the routine daily activities
as well as projects related to laboratory methods and operations.
This lab internship will work fulltime during the summer/winter
breaks and part-time (15+ hours/week) during the school year. Hours
worked must be between 6am-6pm including weekend help as
What you'll do:
- Reviewing and improving current laboratory SOP's.
- Reviewing laboratory processes and how we could simplify a
- Updating the glass and brittle plastic register.
- Assisting with creation of visual work instructions as
- 2/3rd's of time will be focused on the computer, 1/3rd on lab
- Assisting with calibrations, sample shipments, and product
trial conduction. Assisting the laboratory staff with their
- Conducting analytical testing of dairy products
- Completing projects as directed by leader. What you will need
- Must be currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry,
Biology, Food Sciences, Nutritional (or any other related field).
If enrolled in an Associate's degree program must have a plan to
pursue a bachelor's degree immediately after associates is
- Duration: On-going until graduation (full time in summer, at
least 15 hours per week during school year)
- Background working in a lab environment
- Safe lab practices
- Statistical analysis skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Willingness to learn
- Desire to grow and take on new challenges/opportunities
- Attention to detail
- Interest in food industry
- Ability to work alone
- Team-oriented mentality
- Analytical thinking Strong computer skills
- Opportunity to complete real-world projects, participate in
team meetings and contribute your ideas
- Exposure to different areas of the business around the
- Internship program that includes engaging events and
opportunities to build relationships at all levels
- Relocation assistance (for eligible internships)
- Rewards program for referring others
- Eight free counseling sessions through our Employee Assistance
- Company-provided retirement contributions per year through our
401(k) plan and Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to the community
- Discounts on our products and more
For positions that require any amount of travel: Valid driver's
license, auto insurance (at least state minimum- more might be
required), acceptable driving record per Schreiber Foods
discretion, and vehicle that will ensure applicant can meet the
travel necessities of the position are required.
Schreiber requires that an employee have authorization to work in
the country in which the role is based. In the event, an applicant
does not have current work authorization, Schreiber will determine,
in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work
authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all
roles are suitable for sponsorship.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
Want to be alerted of new openings? Sign in and click the cloud in
the upper-right corner to view your profile. From there you can
setup Job Alerts.
Keywords: Schreiber Foods, Oshkosh , Quality Assurance/ Lab Intern (Onsite), Healthcare , Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!