Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Company: Bethel Home
Posted on: September 12, 2018
Do you want to bring your dog to work AND meet other cute pups? Noah's Landing is one of many programs that Miravida Living provides that is not only enjoyable to residents, but to staff as well. Apply now, and make a resident's day by bringing in your own dog for them to meet.
Benefits (available to benefit eligible employees, 60 hrs./pp or higher):
- Health Insurance w/HRA Reimbursement
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan with Company Contribution
- Paid Holiday, Vacation, and Sick Additional Benefits:
- Oshkosh YMCA Discounts
- FREE Smoking Cessation Program
- FREE Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program (16 hrs/pp or higher)
- FREE On-Site Flu Vaccinations
- FREE Financial Planning Education
- Discounted Movie, Show, Travel, etc.
AM - 80 hours every two weeks
AM - 40 hours every two weeks
AM - 24 hours every two weeks
PM - 72 hours every two weeks
PM - 40 hours every two weeks
PM - 32 hours every two weeks
Under general supervision of the Nurse Leader, the Licensed Practical Nurse provides prescribed medical treatment and personal care services to residents. Functions within the guidelines established by the Nurse Practice Act.
Essential Functions include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides direct bedside care, and restorative care such as ambulation and range of motion.
- Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician, assessing responses, documenting in medical records, and reporting adverse reactions or change of condition to Nurse Leader, Physician, and family/guardian.
- Counts all controlled substances on unit with on-coming Staff Nurse at shift change, and destroys outdated and discontinued medications in a timely manner.
- Verbally communicates residents' acute conditions and instructions for follow through at shift change.
- Completes 24 Hour Report of residents' acute conditions.
- Reports all infections to Infection Control Coordinator/Nurse Leader and sets up precautions as needed.
- Assists physician, as delegated by the RN, during acute rounds, chart reviews and medical record reviews.
- Transcribes physicians' orders.
- Completes Minimum Data Set (MDS), updating residents' Care Plan as necessary.
- Responds to code situations, assessing residents' critical needs and taking proper steps to resolve the situation.
- Acts as lead person, assigning and reviewing work of Nursing Assistant, and resolving work problems.
- Monitors residents during meals in dining room.
- Assembles and uses equipment such as catheters, tracheotomy tubes, oxygen suppliers, etc.
- Records food and fluid intake and output, and collects samples from residents for testing.
- Updates nursing care plans as delegated by RN.
- Assists with and participates in social activities of resident's choice which provide meaningful ways to spend time such as recreation, exercise, relationship building and fun.
- Supports maintaining a clean safe environment.
- Respects the resident's room as home.
- Participates in team decisions and completes tasks as a team.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance, works overtime/extra hours as required.
- Checks e-mail daily.
- Complies with policies and procedures. Competencies
- Customer/Client Focus
- Ethical Conduct
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Time Management Supervisory Responsibility
Supervise the Certified Nursing Assistants that will be directly working with your patients during your shift.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a health care facility.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, and stooping during shift. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position in a health care facility that is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Rotating shifts as well as holiday and work during inclement weather will be required.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and/or Experience
- Valid registration as an LPN in the State of Wisconsin.
- Completion of relevant state Board of Nursing approved. Preferred Education and/or Experience
- Experience in a nursing home facility. Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be of mature judgment with the ability to supervise those workers for whom he/she works under supervision of the Registered Nurse.
- Must be morally sound and have a pleasant, positive attitude. AAP/EEO Statement
It is the policy of Miravida Living to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Miravida Living will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Keywords: Bethel Home, Oshkosh , Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Healthcare , Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!