Registered Nurse (RN)
Company: Eden Rehabilitation Suites and Green House Homes
Posted on: September 13, 2018
Do you want to bring your dog to work AND meet other cute pups? Noah's Landing is one of many programs that Miravida Living provides that is not only enjoyable to residents, but to staff as well. Apply now, and make a resident's day by bringing in your own dog for them to meet.
Benefits (available to benefit eligible employees, 60 hrs./pp or higher):
- Health Insurance w/HRA Reimbursement
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan with Company Contribution
- Paid Holiday, Vacation, and SickAdditional Benefits:
- Oshkosh YMCA Discounts
- FREE Smoking Cessation Program
- FREE Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program (16 hrs/pp or higher)
- FREE On-Site Flu Vaccinations
- FREE Financial Planning Education
- Discounted Movie, Show, Travel, etc. Open Positions: AM - 40 hours every two weeks
AM - 32 hours every two weeks
PM - 40 hours every two weeks Summary Collects and analyzes data regarding the health status of a resident and with the resident and allied health professionals, plans and evaluates appropriate intervention to achieve maximal level of independence. Functions within guidelines established by the Nurse Practice Act; utilizes nursing process to provide care to residents including administration of medication and prescribed treatments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. General Responsibilities: The total care of all residents and supervision of all staff assigned to him/her during tour of duty. Expectations:
- Accepts and supports the philosophy of Miravida Living recognizing and assisting in the meeting the physical, emotional, spiritual and social needs of the individual residents.
- Approaches situations with a positive attitude.
- Pursues further knowledge and professional growth in long-term care and geriatric nursing.
- Observes areas of potential or existing danger to persons and reports hazardous situations to his/her supervisor. Some situations may necessitate immediate intervention by the R.N.
- Is thoroughly familiar with and complies with departmental policies and procedures, State and Federal regulations, personnel policies, and the Fire and Disaster Plan of the facility.
- Cooperates fully, within the scope of his/her responsibilities with other departments, realizing that the whole person of the resident must be served and this can be achieved only through a total team effort.
- Demonstrates concern for, and strives to preserve the dignity of all persons, residents, staff and visitors.
- Complies with established dress code and is expected to set and example of good grooming.
- Maintains dignity and respect in all interactions with resident, staff and others.
- Incorporates the Green House concepts into care provided and in to all interactions. Duties:
- Reports for duty promptly and obtains a full report on those residents for whom he/she will be responsible from the nurse from the preceding shift.
- Assigns tasks, commensurate with the level of training to nursing personnel responsible to him/her. Supervises the performance of the assignments, assuming total responsibility for their completion.
- Assists in the development of a plan of care for each resident, coordinating the ideas of allied health professionals. This plan must be current and all inclusive, reflecting the total resident.
- Accepts responsibility for administration of prescribed medications to the resident during his/her tour of duty.
- Responsible for all treatments and nursing care designated for residents, documenting pertinent information in the resident's chart.
- Assumes responsibilities for promptly informing the physician, the family, and appropriate staff of the resident's condition and/or needs.
- Assists the LPNs and C.N.A.s in acquiring further knowledge through direct instruction and/ or discussion.
- Accurately documents relevant information in the resident's information in the resident's medical record following professional standards and department policies and procedures.
- Carries out restorative nursing activities for residents, instructing staff, residents, and family as deemed necessary.
- Assesses, plans implements, and evaluates nursing care to meet immediate and long range needs of one or more resident's.
- Assigns duties, gives instructions to personnel. Checks on quality of resident care throughout tour of duty and sees that all orders for individual residents are carried out, unless otherwise notified.
- Alerts supervisor if present staff cannot meet the needs of current residents. Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be of mature judgment with the ability to supervise those workers for whom he/she is responsible. Must be morally sound and have a pleasant, positive attitude, showing respect for himself/herself, for residents and for fellow employees. Education and/or Experience Must be currently licensed in the State of Wisconsin.
Miravida Living is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to making all employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, marital status, disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. "Employment decisions" covered under this policy include hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment advertising, compensation and training. Any violation of this policy will not be tolerated and will result in appropriate disciplinary action, up to and including discharge. If an employee believes someone has violated this policy or otherwise has questions regarding this policy, the employee may bring the matter to the attention of the Human Resources Department. We will promptly investigate any complaint and take corrective measures, as appropriate. Miravida Living also prohibits any form of discipline or retaliation for reporting violations of this policy, pursuing any such claim, or cooperating in the investigation of such claims. Any individual found to have engaged in retaliation in violation of this policy will be subject to discipline, up to and including discharge.
Keywords: Eden Rehabilitation Suites and Green House Homes, Oshkosh , Registered Nurse (RN), Healthcare , Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!