Occupational Therapist (OT)
Company: Ascension, WI
Posted on: October 5, 2018
Job ID: 277246 Occupational Therapist (OT) Oshkosh, Wisconsin Regular / Day Additional Job Information Title:--Occupational Therapist City, State:-- Oshkosh,WI Location:-- MMC Mercy Med Center Oak Department:---- MMC Rehab Services Outpatient Additional Job Details:----Part-Time, Day,--20 hours,Weekly About Us In Wisconsin, Ascension operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Ascension provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Ascension is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world---s largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care --- including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities --- in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit www.ascension.org/wisconsin. We---re looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin. Job Description Job Summary: The OT evaluates and treats patients with physical, emotional, cognitive and/or psychosocial deficits. -- Responsibilities:
- Assesses patient 's ability to safely and effectively perform independent living skills. Designs the appropriate plan of care, including type and frequency of treatment.
- Implements the treatment plan using appropriate modalities. Documents findings of patient progress. Monitors and modifies the plan of care as needed. Seeks consultation as necessary.
- Educates the patient and family/caregiver about patient deficits. Plans and/or assists with patient discharge from therapy services and provides information regarding appropriate selection/use of adaptive equipment and support programs.
- Oversees the care provided by certified occupational therapy assistants and therapy technicians according to established regulations and practice standards.
- Coordinates patient care with other members of the healthcare team to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes.
- Required Credential(s):
- Rehab Therapist--specializing in--Occupational Therapy (OTR)--credentialed from the--Wisconsin Medical Examining Board--obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.--
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified--BLS Provider--credentialed from the--American Heart Association (AHA).-- Education:
- Bachelor's Level Degree--
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree or Doctorate in an Occupational Therapy Program required Work Experience:
- No experience required; experience in the specific job field preferred. Equal Employment Opportunity Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the ---EEO is the Law--- poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf M/F/Disabled/Vet EEO is the Law Poster Supplement http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/ofccp_eeo_supplement_final_jrf_qa_508c.pdf Share: -->
Keywords: Ascension, WI, Oshkosh , Occupational Therapist (OT), Healthcare , Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!