Lead Registered Nurse (RN) - Medical Surgical Intermediate
Posted on: January 7, 2019
We Are Hiring RN Lead - Stepdown Intermediate Care 001 - Full-Time Nights - MMC Mercy Medical Center Oak - Oshkosh, WIAdditional Details: 72 Hours/Bi-Weekly, Nights (7 PM - 7:30 AM), Every Third WeekendWhy Join Employer? In Wisconsin, Employer operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Employer provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Employer is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Employer is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care – including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities – in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit www.ascension.org/wisconsin. We're looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin.What You Will Do As an associate with Mercy Medical Center, you will have the opportunity to coordinate unit staffing and provides leadership while ensuring implementation of clinical objectives and quality patient care in assigned area.Responsibilities:
- Assigns, directs, educates and monitors nursing and support staff during assigned shift. Contributes to or performs performance evaluations of staff.
- Assesses daily patient care needs and develops and distributes patient care assignments, ensuring that population appropriate patient care is given.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of patient care and identifies any issues that affect desired patient outcomes.
- Responds to complaints about patient care and manages through established channels.
- Serves as a resource on issues related to nursing care and clinical standards, policies and procedures.
- May conduct rounds to assess and monitor patient condition, and adjust care plan accordingly.
- Participates in direct delivery of patient care.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the state of Wisconsin or Multi-State Compact obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Additional certifications may be required for specific job locations.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Advanced Life Support specializing in Advanced Cardio Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Certified Pediatric Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA). Education:
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing required
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferredWork Experience:
- Two (2) years of related experience preferred.Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdfM/F/Disabled/VetEEO is the Law Poster Supplementhttp://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/ofccp_eeo_supplement_final_jrf_qa_508c.pdf
Keywords: Ascension, Oshkosh , Lead Registered Nurse (RN) - Medical Surgical Intermediate, Healthcare , Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!