Senior Medical Physicist
Posted on: March 9, 2019
We Are Hiring Senior Medical Physicist - Oncology Support Services 002 - Full-Time Days - MMG Oshkosh Medical Group - Oshkosh, WIWhy Join Ascension? In Wisconsin, Ascension operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Ascension provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Ascension is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care - including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities - in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit We're looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin.What You Will Do As an associate with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to implement and monitor a radiation safety program to protect patients, personnel and the public from undesirable radiation exposure.Responsibilities:
- Provides radiation safety education to assure the safe use of medical radiation.
- Develops and implements appropriate shielding designs, frequent surveys and routine exposure monitoring.
- Ensures the safe and precise production of images. Provides imaging equipment testing, calibration, ongoing quality control and dosimetric data development.
- Develops, implements and monitors the organization's radiation safety program and ensures the program's compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Performs patient dosimetry treatment plan audits and calculations. Ensures that each treatment course is carried out accurately.
- Performs all required quality assurance tests on equipment and maintains daily records.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations on the purchase of new equipment and/or products.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified Medical Physicist specializing in Therapeutic Radiology credentialed from the American Board of Radiology obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA). Education:
- Master's Level Degree
- Master's Degree from an accredited program in Medical or Radiologic Physics required A minimum of a Master's Degree in a closely related field and one (1) year clinical experience and training in Medical or Radiologic Physics may be considered Work Experience:
- Minimum three (3) years of clinical experience in the field of the primary work required.Equal Employment Opportunity Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:M/F/Disabled/VetEEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Keywords: Ascension, Oshkosh , Senior Medical Physicist, Healthcare , Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!