Occupational Therapist - (OT)
Posted on: March 10, 2019
We Are Hiring Occupational Therapist - (OT) - PRN - Rehab Services General IP 001 - PRN, Day - MMC Mercy Med Center Oak - Oshkosh, WIWhy Join Ascension? In Wisconsin, Ascension operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Ascension provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Ascension is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care - including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities - in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit We're looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin.What You Will Do As an associate with Ministry Health Care, you will have the opportunity to evaluate and treat patients with physical, emotional, cognitive and/or psychosocial deficits in an inpatient setting.Work Schedule- PRN Role, as neededResponsibilities:
- Assesses patient 's ability to safely and effectively perform independent living skills.
- Designs the appropriate plan of care, including type and frequency of treatment.
- Implements the treatment plan using appropriate modalities.
- Documents findings of patient progress.
- Monitors and modifies the plan of care as needed.
- Seeks consultation as necessary.
- Educates the patient and family/caregiver about patient deficits.
- Plans and/or assists with patient discharge from therapy services and provides information regarding appropriate selection/use of adaptive equipment and support programs.
- Oversees the care provided by certified occupational therapy assistants and therapy technicians according to established regulations and practice standards.
- Coordinates patient care with other members of the healthcare team to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Rehab Therapist specializing in Occupational Therapy (OTR) credentialed from the Wisconsin Medical Examining Board obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA). Education:
- Bachelor's Level Degree
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree or Doctorate in an Occupational Therapy Program required Work Experience:
- No experience required; experience in the specific job field preferred.Equal Employment Opportunity Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:M/F/Disabled/VetEEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Keywords: Ascension, Oshkosh , Occupational Therapist - (OT), Healthcare , Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!