Registered Nurse (RN) - Medical Surgical Intermediate
Posted on: March 15, 2019
We Are Hiring Registered Nurse - Stepdown Intermediate Care 001 - Full-Time Nights - MMC Mercy Medical Center Oak - Oshkosh, WIAdditional Details: 72 Hours/Bi-Weekly, NightsWhy Join Ascension? In Wisconsin, Ascension operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Ascension provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Ascension is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care – including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities – in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit www.ascension.org/wisconsin. We’re looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin.What You Will Do As an associate with Mercy Medical Center, you will have the opportunity to provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.Responsibilities:
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides education and resources to patient and/or patient's family based on clinical implications.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing or Multi-State Compact obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Additional certifications may be required for specific job locations.
- One or more of the following:
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date. Additional Life Support certifications may be required within 1 year of hire for specific job locations. Associates at DKCC Residential Care Unit are excluded from this requirement.
- Instructor specializing in Basic Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Advanced Life Support specializing in Advanced Cardio Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Certification specializing in Neonatal Resuscitation credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Certified Pediatric Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA). Education:
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing required
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferredWork Experience:
- No experience required, but some experience preferred.Equal Employment Opportunity Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdfM/F/Disabled/VetEEO is the Law Poster Supplementhttp://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/ofccp_eeo_supplement_final_jrf_qa_508c.pdf
Keywords: Ascension, Oshkosh , Registered Nurse (RN) - Medical Surgical Intermediate, Healthcare , Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!