Housekeeping Surgical Services; PT
Company: Advocate Christ Medical Center
Posted on: May 21, 2023
Housekeeping Surgical Services; PT Job ID: R60713 Shift: Various
Full/Part Time: Part_timeLocation: Aurora Medical Center Oshkosh
855 N Westhaven Dr Oshkosh, WI 54904Benefits Eligible: No Hours Per
Week: 0Schedule Details/Additional Information: 0 Assigned hours.
Mon-Friday, typically 1st or 2nd Shift. As needed coverage in the
surgical services department.Major Responsibilities:
- Cleans patient care areas, surgical areas, public/private
restrooms, conference rooms, lobbies, offices, elevators, and
- Cleans all environmental surfaces including ceilings and vents,
walls, doors, furniture, beds, bathroom fixtures, and windows.
Assists in cleaning emergency spills as requested.
- Dusts and damp mops floors in patient and exam rooms,
corridors, stairwells, restrooms, and other areas of the
- Replaces cubicle and window coverings.
- Gathers and disposes recyclables, trash, and medical waste.
Collects hazardous trash following established infection control
- Sorts, stocks and delivers linens. Gathers and prepares soiled
linen for transportation.
- Cleans and prepares dismissal and transfer units and certain
equipment used in the care of patients and distributes non-medical
supplies to specific areas.
- Fills and cleans supply dispensers.
- Inventories linens, cleaning supplies and paper supplies and
orders additional in a timely and cost effective manner. Keeps
housekeeping closet organized and clean.
- Reports any mechanical failures or unsafe conditions to the
supervisor. Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification Required:
- None Required. Education Required:
- No Formal Education. Experience Required:
- No experience required. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Ability to follow and understand oral and written instructions
and communicate with others.
- Ability to work alone and to understand the physical
arrangements of the facilities.
- Performs tasks without disrupting operations of the doctors,
nurses, patients, public, and other staff.
- Ability to set priorities, be aware of and follow department
policies and procedures in all situations.
- Basic computer skills.
- Excellent customer service skills. Physical Requirements and
- Must be able to:
- lift up to 35 lbs. from floor to a maximum 5 ft.
- lift and carry up to 20 lbs. at waist height a reasonable
- Must be able to:
- push/pull with 50 lbs. of force.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, reach above shoulders, and
crawl to complete tasks.
- Must also be able to push/pull/drag equipment such as hospital
beds, and lift items weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to be on feet the majority of the time with both
walking/standing throughout the shift.
- Must have ability to wear protective clothing as will be
exposed to strong germicidal solutions, cleaning chemicals,
temperature changes, soiled linen, infectious waste (blood and body
fluids). Requires that incumbent be familiar with policies on
handling infectious and hazardous waste.
- Must have ability to operate vacuum cleaners, mopping
equipment, buffer or burnisher, automatic scrubber, up to six-foot
stepladder, and other cleaning tools.
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job, including
telephones, zone phones, and pagers. This job description indicates
the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It
is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent.
Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.
Keywords: Advocate Christ Medical Center, Oshkosh , Housekeeping Surgical Services; PT, Hospitality & Tourism , Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...