Human Resources Intern - Fall
Company: Miles Kimball
Posted on: July 30, 2022
HR Internship - Fall 2022
Silver Star Brands - Oshkosh, WI
WHO WE ARE
* Founded in 1934 as Miles Kimball
* What is known as Silver Star Brands today started with Miles
Kimball mailing 500 personalized Christmas cards to all of the
Johnson's in the Minneapolis area
* One of America's first and largest direct marketers of consumer
gifts and household products
* Brands include: Miles Kimball, Walter Drake, Easy Comforts,
Native Remedies, Pet Alive, Dream Products and Fox Valley
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
* Assist with recruiting activities for warehouse/distribution and
office positions including posting positions externally, sourcing,
pre-screening candidates, scheduling, and conducting
* Assist with recruiting events including organizing, preparing,
and participating in job fairs and campus recruiting as needed.
* Assist in company training, such as New Employee Orientation, and
other Human Resources related training.
* Assist with maintenance of confidential employee & applicant
information utilizing the HRIS.
* Conduct benchmarking studies of SSB competitors to research
various HR topics, i.e., compensation, bonus, benefits, etc.
* Assist in working with the SSB HRIS as needed.
* Obtain feedback from new hires regarding working at SSB and share
with HR staff
* Assist with various employee events including organizing,
preparing, and participating in Employee Committees, Reward &
Recognition events, etc.
* Perform research and assistance for various Human Resources and
Benefits related projects as needed.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions and may not
necessarily comprise all the "essential functions" for purposes of
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Currently enrolled in a two or four-year college degree program
and majoring in Human Resource Management.
* GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred
* Confidentiality is a must
* Strong PC skills: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, required
* Highly detail-oriented; checks own work, keeps accurate records,
and organizes information effectively.
* Ability to demonstrate excellent communication, organizational,
and leadership skills.
* Ability to tolerate ambiguity handles multiple priorities and
identifies creative solutions to problems.
* High level of energy, personal accountability, confidentiality,
* Ability to work 15+ a week during the semester
WHY JOIN SILVER STAR BRANDS
* Competitive Wages!
* Employee Assistance Program
* Corporate Discount Program
* Casual and clean work environment
* Onsite Registered Nurse
* Discounts on all Silver Star Brands products
* Corporate Values = H.E.A.R.T. - Honesty, Equality,
Accountability, Respect, and Trust
Keywords: Miles Kimball, Oshkosh , Human Resources Intern - Fall, Human Resources , Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!