VP of Human Resources
Company: Hospitals/Clinics, Oshkosh, WI
Posted on: November 8, 2018
Do you want to bring your dog to work AND meet other cute pups Noah's Landing is one of many programs that Company provides that is not only enjoyable to residents, but to staff as well. Apply now, and make a resident's day by bringing in your own dog for them to meet.
Summary The VP of human resources is responsible for directing all of the people functions of the organization in accordance with the policies and practices of Company, the ethical and social consciences of business and society, and the laws, regulations and administrative rulings of governmental organizations and other regulatory and advisory authorities and organizations. The incumbent will also be responsible for the strategic human resource planning to provide the organization with the best people talent available and to position the organization as the employer of choice by being aware of policies, practices, and trends within the industry. Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. 1. Participate in the development, establishment, and implementation of company goals, objectives, and systems that directly impact HR strategy and overall business plans for the Company. Provide assistance to ensure that all the HR strategy reflects Company's philosophy and culture.
2. Actively support and demonstrate the Mission/Vision/Values of Company.
3. Partner directly and effectively with other members of the Company team to help drive appropriate HR initiatives for the Company in a timely and professional manner.
4. Maintain current knowledge of changes in federal and state employment laws, rules, and regulations as well as labor law. Advise management of changes in such laws as necessary. Communicate with Legal Counsel as necessary to ensure compliance.
5. Act as a partner for managers and supervisors providing counseling and support as necessary in dealing with employer/employee/labor relations' issues and interpretation/application of contractual language, employment policies and procedures. Work directly with managers to resolve more complex issues. Establish credibility throughout the organization in order to be effective, active listener and problem solver of employee issues.
6. Investigate ethics and performance issues as needed; recommends appropriate remedy.
7. Manage the grievance process; administer the collective bargaining agreement.
8. Provide guidance and direction to operations leaders on performance management as needed.
9. Serve as a leader in driving positive organizational change. Support and foster a safe and engaging work environment for all employees.
10. Manage and coordinate the recruitment, selection and employment offer process for the Company. Ensure the employment offers are consistent for all new hires.
11. Continually assess the competitiveness of all programs and practices against relevant competitors and markets.
12. Work closely with brokers and advisers on competitive and appropriate benefit programs for employees. This includes all welfare plans as well as retirement plans.
13. Ensure compliance with federal and state requirements as it relates to the qualified benefit plans the Company offers. This includes Affordable Care Act requirements, 5500 preparation and related audits.
14. All other duties as assigned.
Competencies 1. Client Focus
2. Teamwork Orientation
3. Problem Solving/Analysis
4. Communication Proficiency
5. Learning Orientation
6. Ethical Conduct
7. Stress Management/Composure
Supervisory Responsibility This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
Work Environment This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Employee may be exposed to virus, disease, and infection from patients and specimens in work environment. Incumbent may be required to work extended periods of time. Incumbent may experience traumatic situations, including psychiatric, dismembered, and deceased patients.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
The employee must occasionally life and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
This is a largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work This is a full time, and general hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm; however, this position regularly requires long hours and some weekend hours.
Travel Minimal Travel between each facility is required.
Required Education and Experience · Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field. · Minimum 5-7 years of progressive experience in Human Resources. Prior labor relations experience preferred. · General knowledge of State and Federal employment laws are required.
Preferred Education and Experience Experience in the Elderly population.
Keywords: Hospitals/Clinics, Oshkosh, WI, Oshkosh , VP of Human Resources, Human Resources , Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!