Company: Oshkosh Corporation
Posted on: January 21, 2023
About Oshkosh Defense, an Oshkosh companyOshkosh Defense stands
behind those who dedicate their lives to protecting others. As an
industry-leading tactical vehicle manufacturer, every day we strive
to meet or exceed our customers' ever-changing needs with next
generation defense technologies and advanced systems. We operate
with unparalleled commitment to those who depend on our products
and services worldwide to perform their missions.JOB SUMMARY: The
Technical Writing Department will create, maintain and update
consistent style for Operator, Field / Depot Level Maintenance and
Kit Instructions using software to manage files, XML author, and
publish IETMs (Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals).This
department will be responsible for creating a positive customer
service experience that is complete, intuitive and simple to use so
that safe operation and servicing takes place on vehicles and
fulfills the contractual requirements.Your Impact: These duties are
not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Assist and validate Maintenance Task Analysis drafts for
technical accuracy, grammar, punctuation, and prepare document for
- Assist in the development and updating of technical manual
plans and the execution of the plan regarding tech Manuals/lETM.
Take responsibility for the complete publication, including
supporting information, TOC, index and appendix.
- Apply and understand MIL-STD associated with technical writing,
publication, and contract requirements.
- Evaluate and adjust quality checks for quality metrics. Support
government Verifications with the end user and document
improvements to the In-process Inspection Report (IIR) checks based
on trends recorded at verification.
- Use LEAN tools to create standards i.e. SIPOC/ SOP. Establish
and document best practices and lessons learned.Your Experience and
- Bachelor's degree in Technical Writing, Communications, or
- One (1) to Two (2) years of relevant experience in Technical
Writing, Communications, or English.
- Experience with CAD, Illustration, or Graphics artwork.
Mechanical and spatial aptitude.
- Strong attention to detail and a keen sense of page/document
- Ability to apply Military Standards and Specification to
information with an understanding of the solider in the field as
the primary user of the information.
- Experience with Photoshop and Acrobat Pro.
- Experience and proficiency with various web-based software
applications including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
SharePoint, etc.WHY OSHKOSH?
- Moving the future forward is our priority and this includes
your future. We encourage professional development and champion our
employees' success through various skills and training
opportunities. Named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by
Ethisphere Institute for six consecutive years, everything we do at
Oshkosh is guided by our core values and the 15k+ team members
around the world who embody them.
- We put people first. We do the right thing. We persevere. We
are better together.
- We offer our employees an outstanding range of benefits,
- Eligibility on Day 1 for medical, prescription, dental and
- Up to $10,000 each year for tuition reimbursement to allow you
to further your education in a degreed program (Associates,
Bachelor's or Master's degree programs)
- 401k plan with company match, $.50 for every dollar up to
- Competitive paid-time off plans
- Company bonus plan, free life, short and long-term disability
- Health Saving Account (HSA) with company contribution up to $1K
- Many, many more!Oshkosh is committed to working with and
offering reasonable accommodation to job applicants with
disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to
disability for any part of the employment process, please contact
us at: 920-502-3009 or
firstname.lastname@example.org.Oshkosh Corporation is
an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company
will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information
collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way
affect the decision regarding an employment application.Oshkosh
Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with
Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.Certain
positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled
goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants
for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in
these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen,
lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted
as a refugee or granted asylum.
Keywords: Oshkosh Corporation, Oshkosh , Technical Writer, IT / Software / Systems , Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!