Intelligent Automation Intern - Digital Technology (remote or in-person)
Company: Oshkosh Corporation
Posted on: May 24, 2023
At Oshkosh, we build, serve and protect people and communities
around the world by designing and manufacturing some of the
toughest specialty trucks and access equipment. We employ over
15,000 team members all united by a common purpose. Our engineering
and product innovation help keep soldiers and firefighters safe, is
critical in building and keeping communities clean and helps people
do their jobs every day.The Intelligent Automation Systems Analyst
(Developer) Intern will enhance business capability through support
of information systems by providing day-to-day system support on
the Intelligent Automation team. This role will work with other
team members (IA Team and Manager, IT, Project Managers, and
Business Representatives) to effectively contribute to IA Portfolio
Support Initiatives. The role will, based on sustaining work
requirements, occasionally build new digital process automations
during work to upgrade backend systems or to contribute to new
automation portfolio work. Role will ensure automation functional
designs are stable, reliable, and scalable. The role is also
responsible for verifying production applications are operating at
optimal levels through quality application support delivery, and
quickly and accurately correcting production issues. The objective
of this role will be to further your insight within the discipline
and utilize your academic knowledge gained in school to help
understand the professional business IT field. This role can be
performed remote, hybrid, or in-person.This role will start as a
Support role and grow into a well-rounded Automation Developer,
where during any stage from requirements gathering, coding, test
case creation, UAT, deployment, and support, your main focus will
- You'll complete the UiPath RPA Developer Foundations coursework
which will position you to code according to Oshkosh standards and
test for the numerous systems that automations are regularly
- Learn to support existing automations, learn the framework and
standards during support training.
- Build code modules as outlined and assigned (either as workflow
files or libraries, as needed) in any of a variety of automation
- Make sure the code is in line with the development best
practices, with a test-driven development framework and creation of
test cases for each automation project.
- Conduct unit tests on the created modules as development
progresses to catch and fix any bugs that may arise.
- Participate in integration and user acceptance testing (UAT),
and in the deployment, hypercare, and ITIL-framework break-fix
support stages.YOUR IMPACTAs an Intelligent Automation Intern your
core work and responsibilities will include:
- Learn how to identify, analyze, and apply information
technology business practices to support strategic business process
- Provide day-to-day support to designated IT department. Assist
with identifying and troubleshooting technical issues.
- Providetechnical support, advise help desk on issue statuses
and resolutions. Maintain incidents and problems within ServiceNow,
communicate status of work to team and business users, and escalate
issues to team members in a timely fashion.
- Assist in designing, running, and monitoring software
performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of
correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general
- Assist in translating functional specs into technical
- Participate as assigned to design, develop, test, and integrate
technology. Perform testing and implementation of projects with
direction and assistance.
- Complete documentation, perform testing and the implementation
of projects under the direction and assistance from others.
- Learn,understand and practice Oshkosh project methodology.
- Perform activities accordingly to project plans and
- These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties
may be assigned.YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Student working towards an undergraduate or graduate degree in
Computer Science, Software Engineering, Software Development,
Information Systems/Technology or other related IT/DT field, or
equivalent with a career objective to work specifically in the
Intelligent Automation technology advancement space.
- Familiarity with Intelligent Automation such as RPA, Generative
AI, MachineLearning, Power Apps, Document Understanding,
Process/Task Mining, formal project methodology or Software
Development Lifecycle (SDLC), and Agile terminology.
- Willing to work full time hours during summers and breaks, and
part time hours (20 hours per week) during the school year.
- Graduation date on or after May 2024.
- Zero (0) to One (1) year of relevant experience. Experience in
Intelligent Technology Development in scholastic or work-related
area is a plus, though not required.STANDOUT QUALIFICATIONS
- General understanding of information technology and
- Excellence in customer service, customer-focused quality,
organizational skills and verbal and written communication
- Ability to communicate with internal/external entities.
- Ability to work independently while prioritizing workload.
- Flexible and adaptable to work under deadlines and/or changing
- Detailed oriented and quality focuses.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Internship experience in the Global IT field, particularly
experience in IT implementations or change efforts.
- Experience developing Intelligent Automation solutions using
UiPath Studio or Azure Automation tools such as Microsoft Power BI,
Power Automate, Power Apps, Power BI, ChatGPT and the like.
- Experience with Windows XP, Linux, .Net, Low Code programming
and other relevant tools.
- Experience and proficiency with various operating systems and
web-based software applications including Microsoft Office Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.WORKING CONDITIONSPhysical
- Frequent: Sitting, Hearing, Talking, Visual, Typing, Manual
- Seldom: Standing, Walking/Running, Reaching, Driving,
Bending/Kneeling, Fine Dexterity, Upper Extremity Repetitive
Motion, and Lifting/Carrying and Pushing/Pulling up to
40lbs.Oshkosh is committed to working with and offering reasonable
accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you need
assistance or an accommodation due to disability for any part of
the employment process, please contact us at: 920-502-3009 or
firstname.lastname@example.org.Oshkosh Corporation is
an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company
will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information
collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way
affect the decision regarding an employment application.Oshkosh
Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with
Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.Certain
positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled
goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants
for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in
these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen,
lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted
as a refugee or granted asylum.
Keywords: Oshkosh Corporation, Oshkosh , Intelligent Automation Intern - Digital Technology (remote or in-person), IT / Software / Systems , Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...