Company: Great Northern Corp
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Employees are Our Greatest Asset
Privately held, Great Northern is one of the nation's largest
independent producers of corrugated packaging. For more than five
decades, customers have turned to Great Northern Corporation for
integrated, comprehensive packaging solutions in industrial,
commercial and retail markets.
Great Northern exists to live out the core values established by
our founders - integrity, personal growth, entrepreneurial spirit,
and a shared future.
Our vision, "We help our employees win through personal growth
and a shared future" is a call to action to deliver on building a
people-centric culture, developing leaders from within, and sending
people home fulfilled about their role and contributions. The "win"
for everyone is a trusting and collaborative culture that helps us
be at our best every day.
Our mission statement, "We help our customers win by doing what
others can't or won't" gives us a clear purpose and raises the bar
for performance. Doing what others "can't or won't" for our
customers is demonstrated by a willingness to serve customers,
value-added partnerships and proactively developing innovative
solutions to our customer's challenges.
We are excited that you are looking to join our great culture.
Here are some details about the position.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
In addition to excellent wages, Great Northern has a competitive
benefits package including medical, dental, and vision; life
insurance; paid vacation; paid holidays; profit sharing and 401(k)
with company match. We also offer our employees a safe, clean,
friendly environment and room for growth!
Starting wage is $27.00
Coordinate all plant maintenance functions, including repair,
spare parts, trouble shooting, preventative, predictive, facilities
and new equipment, all with a commitment to the StrataGraph Value
Proposition. This person shall possess strong electrical, controls
or mechanical skills.
- Identify and manage spare parts inventory
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain
production machines and the plant facility's equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Perform hands on skills including, but not limited to;
mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting, and
repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals, schematics, drawings, and
work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment
and plant facilities.
- Perform a variety of maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and
material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Creates and maintains a preventative maintenance program.
- Works closely with machine operators to improve output and
- Promotes safety through the organization and maintains a clean
and orderly work area.
- Utilizes electronic Maintenance Program for tracking work
orders, preventative maintenance and costs.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational
workshops, reviewing technical publications and establishing
- Other duties as assigned.
- The Maintenance Technician must hold a high school diploma or
general education degree (GED); two years related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and
- Acceptable education will consist of an Associate's degree in
mechanical, electrical, industrial maintenance, a Millwright, or
Journeyman Card in a related field.
- Preferred Maintenance experience will include strong hydraulic,
pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills with some PLC and
- Successful candidates will demonstrate excellent interpersonal
and communication skills, display a positive attitude and have a
strong work ethic.
Monday-Friday 5am-3pm. On-call hours will begin once employed
for one month. On-call is defined as scheduled coverage for periods
of time when maintenance personnel are not scheduled to be working
on site. The scheduled on-call maintenance employee will be
available during the on-call period to return to work, at the
request of an appropriate management member, due to unforeseen or
emergency maintenance needs. The work phone will rotate between
Maintenance Technicians 1 out of every 4 weeks.
Great Northern is an equal opportunity at will employer and does
not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment
because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual
orientation or national origin.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
Keywords: Great Northern Corp, Oshkosh , Maintenance Technician, Other , Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!