Machine Design and Layout Engineer
Company: Gables Search Group
Posted on: September 9, 2021
Currently seeking a Designer. This can be Remote now, but
may have to work form local office office next year.
Need to have machine design, but I need layout and system
understanding in 2D and 3D. Need to have machine design, layout and
systems understanding. AutoCAD 3D for equipment and layouts,
any Navisworks, REVIT, and Recap or point cloud
manipulation/modeling is a plus.
Need food processing or packaging experience. Plus
packaging line experience, such as taking a product, putting it
into a bag or box, then putting that into a case, turning it ,
labeling it, then palletizing and stretch wrapping.
Experience with life safety and egress is a plus.
Client is a full-service consulting engineering firm that
specializes and is a leader in the Food & Beverage, and Industrial
facility design sectors.
Compensation depends on experience.
The position requires a strong understanding of computer-aided
design (CAD) software with an emphasis on AutoCAD. Knowledge of
physical layout drawings, equipment, and structural drawings, PFDs,
P&ID’s, Bid and Construction packages, materials lists, are
beneficial. The ideal candidate will have the ability to produce
all drawings from rough sketches, notes, and vendor drawings. The
candidate should have strong mechanical reasoning skills, be able
to work in design teams, be self-motivated to perform assigned
tasks, and take initiative to learn new skills and work with
layouts in a 2D or 3D environment.
Further, the candidate should be able to learn new software
packages efficiently and retain and apply on-the-job training.
Because the candidate will be expected to deal with clients, he or
she must have a strong command of the English language and possess
good written and oral communications skills.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design packaging systems based on rough sketches, minimal
input, and personal experience
- Coordinate and clarify specifications, codes, regulations, or
other detailed design requirements into designs
- Implement CAD project standards efficiently
- Capable of and responsible for leading and directing packaging
- Developing and tracking packaging design deliverables and
- Developing all deliverables to CAD standards
- Able to proactively, consistently, and clearly communicate
within the internal project team and with the external client team,
- Providing weekly internal project documentation
- Leading packaging design deliverable review meetings
- Ensuring appropriate interdisciplinary project
- Create teamwork plans as necessary to meet project
requirements, able to delegate or monitor the work, budget, and
- Provide leadership experience for drafters and other
- Participate in site visits for data acquisition, meetings, and
installation support, support vendor Factory Acceptance Tests
(FATs) or reviews as needed
- Able to maintain and develop relationships with both existing
and potential clients
- Must be adaptable, able to problem solve under pressure, and
able to learn and apply new technologies with minimal support
- Technical Design degree or equivalent experience
- 5-10+ years of current AutoCAD 2D/3D (AutoCAD 2014 or newer for
the latest years) relevant work experience
- 3D Modeling capabilities in AutoCAD or Revit and
- 5+ years Designer experience in design and layout of Food or
Beverage (prefer packaging) systems to customer standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and
proficient with Microsoft office tools
- Proven ability to lead design work in packaging projects,
including responsibility for the budget, schedule, and
- MUST be a US citizen
- Proven ability to work in cross-functional engineering and
- Ability to travel 10-30% within the United States
- Interest in consulting engineering, packaging, and Food &
Beverage systems design.
- 3D Scan and point cloud modeling ability
- 8-10+ years 3D CAD design experience
- Experience in developing Design Basis and Criteria
- Experience in leading equipment FATs, including documentation
and testing work
- Minimum GPA of 3.2
- Manufacturing or equipment design experience a plus
- Attention to detail and time management skills are essential
for the successful completion of tasks
Keywords: Gables Search Group, Oshkosh , Machine Design and Layout Engineer, Other , Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!