Supply Chain Manager
Company: Hoffmaster Group, Inc.
Posted on: September 13, 2021
Hoffmaster Group Inc, an industry leader producing
the most complete line of specialty disposable tabletop products
for over 70 years, is currently seeking an experienced Supply Chain
Manager to support our Foodservice manufacturing facility in
Oshkosh. Hoffmaster competes in three distinct business
segments – Foodservice, Consumer, and E-Commerce. Our products can
be found in thousands of retailers, restaurants, hotels, and more.
As a customer centric company, we strive to deliver innovative
solutions to both our customers and the ultimate end users of our
products. This Innovation is a key part of what we do here at
Hoffmaster, and we continue to drive the industry forward by
investing in our employees and state-of-the-art
This position will be responsible for overall management of the
logistics and distribution value stream for the Hoffmaster Oshkosh
Foodservice business. Must ensure that all products are shipped on
time, at the right quantity, at the best cost, and to the shipping
specifications of the specific customer. Responsible for the safety
of all distribution and material handling associates. Responsible
to ensure inventory is created and tracked accurately for all areas
of responsibility. Must work to drive cost out of the department
through continuous improvement efforts. Work collaboratively with
the other sites to take advantage of opportunities to create
synergies and share best practices.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provide coaching to direct reports to help them become
technically competent while also improving their capability to
coach and motivate their associates.
- Reinforce company Mission, Vision and Core
- Written and verbal communication upwards, downwards, and across
the organization chart.
- Lead and delegate assignments, setting clear performance
expectations and holding people accountable.
- Is organized and displays good time-management skills.
- Always acts in a professional manner, especially in dealing
with employees and customers.
- Displays a positive attitude and fosters positive attitudes
from direct reports.
- Ability to plan workload and provide solid contingency plans.
- Responsible for the safety of all associates in areas of
responsibility and throughout the manufacturing facility.
- Problem Solving/Lean/Project Management
- Identify problems and ensure appropriate problem solving
approach is followed. Ensure issues are ultimately resolved to the
benefit of the company and
- Manage projects using established project management tools and
- Lead lean manufacturing events and train direct reports in lean
- Create performance improvement plans and measure results
against established goals.
- Process-driven manager, focused on results.
- Ability to drive continuous improvement throughout the
department, identifying and implementing cost saving PIP
- Develop, understand, communicate and enforce processes &
policies within area of responsibility.
- Must have basic understanding of company financial
- Must have the ability to learn and understand our Enterprise
Resource Planning system as well as our Warehouse Management
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office Suite of
- Accountable to budgets for Oshkosh Distribution and Receiving
- Responsible to develop, implement and communicate key
performance indicators across the distribution function.
- Responsible for planning and shipping products to outside
distribution centers on time to support production and to meet our
customer's requirements. Also responsible for tracking and
reporting progress and exceptions.
- Responsible for space planning and the effective use of all raw
material, WIP and finished goods warehouses.
- Responsible for the material handling, and scrap removal
functions at the Oshkosh manufacturing facility.
- Work with 3rd Party Transportation providers to plan and
execute effective transportation plan for product movement to
destination. Oversee local hosting drivers to transfer material to
- Help to plan and manage the capital budget as it relates to
areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for accident reporting and retaining following
incidents. Oversee implementation of corrective action and safety
- Responsible to develop and post relevant productivity metrics
for the Clintonville Associates.
- Must insure inventory integrity in Finished Goods and Raw
Material warehouses at all Creative Converting sites.
- Work with Inventory Control Manager to monitor inventory levels
and communicate proactively if inventory exceeds specified levels.
Help to identify expires, obsolete and slow moving
- Utilize on-the job training and the "plan-do-check-act" cycle
to develop people.
- Develop people by determining opportunities to delegate with
maintaining overall responsibility.
- Utilizes good team building skills to foster team development.
Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Set clear performance expectations and hold people accountable.
Follow through on commitments and meet predetermined
- Clear concise communication both verbally and in writing to all
levels within the organization.
- Can lead a project using formal project management approach.
Ability to hold oneself accountable for deliverables.
- Self-starter. Passionate about continuous improvement.
- Meets specification for both external and internal customers.
- Understands and uses formal problem solving approaches. Trains
and expects use of same by direct reports.
- Garners support behind projects/ideas. Consensus builder.
- Use of decision tools. Ability to support decisions with
- Able to recognize waste and size up opportunities for
improvement, even in a lean manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, operations,
logistics, business administration, transportation, or engineering
or equivalent professional qualifications
- Professional certification by a recognized accreditation agency
- 5+ years working in logistics, warehouse, or transportation
operations management roles with specific background in order
fulfillment and warehouse processes. Experience working with a 3PL
- Customer Service
- Sheltered Workshops doing assembly
- Human Resources
Hoffmaster Group Inc.
Learn more about our multiple locations!
Let’s connect! Facebook - LinkedIn - YouTube - Pinterest
The above information on this description has been designed
to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain
or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To
accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential
function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, veteran or disability status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Hoffmaster Group, Inc., Oshkosh , Supply Chain Manager, Other , Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!