3rd Shift Maintenance Supervisor
Company: Hoffmaster Group, Inc.
Posted on: October 11, 2021
Hoffmaster Group Inc, an industry leader producing
the most complete line of specialty disposable tabletop products
for over 70 years, is currently seeking a 3rd Shift Maintenance
Supervisor to support our Foodservice manufacturing facility in
Oshkosh. Hoffmaster competes in three distinct business
segments – Foodservice, Consumer, and E-Commerce. Our products can
be found in thousands of retailers, restaurants, hotels, and more.
As a customer centric company, we strive to deliver innovative
solutions to both our customers and the ultimate end users of our
products. This Innovation is a key part of what we do here at
Hoffmaster, and we continue to drive the industry forward by
investing in our employees and state-of-the-art
The Maintenance Shift Supervisor will be the maintenance
management resource on their designated shift. They will supervise
approximately 10 hourly maintenance employees who work to keep our
assets producing along with maintaining building and grounds.
The Supervisor is the Maintenance point person for guidance and
management. They work in conjunction with the production
supervisors, and group leaders to address concerns, oversee safe,
efficient, and timely execution of daily machine repairs, and
administer the Help Chain Downtime and Speed Escalation standard
The position leads by supervising, coaching, reinforcing vision
and values, and coordinating aspects of the Maintenance System
including Performance to Standards, Parts Room Inventory, training
employees and developing an effective and strong maintenance
support system to improve reliability and uptime on all assets.
Essential Job Duties:
- Manages the Group leaders, mechanics, electricians, and
PC&IS Technicians to maintain a 0-injury status.
- Model company values and Continuous Improvement principles
through personal actions/behaviors.
- Manage daily operations in alignment with basic plant
- Develop team leaders to master processes within the group and
coach other team members.
- Written and verbal communication upward, downward, and across
the organization chart.
- Ensures techs and equipment are working safely and using the
proper permits, lockout, tag out, procedures etc. List safety tasks
on the work order if
- Troubleshoot and lead problem solving to prevent problems from
- Take action to implement improvements quickly and escalate if
there will be extended downtime.
- Constantly works toward our goal of reducing unplanned down
- Day to day management of all maintenance personnel on assigned
shift including training, coaching, incident investigation,
- Responsible for the maintenance of all plant equipment
including building and grounds.
- Management of outside contractors assigned to routine
inspections and repair work, i.e., Compressors, HVAC, etc.
- Understands basic local building code requirements related to
Buildings and Grounds.
- Management of building fire notification panel
- Maintain excellent knowledge of all assets, process strong
electro/mechanical skills with the ability to direct the team.
- Determines skills needed to complete work, estimates labor
hours, and crew size.
- Evaluate Performance of team and provides a systematic process
of developing the competencies of the work group.
- Provide leadership and rapid response to all workplace hazards,
near miss situations and safety improvement projects.
- Thorough understanding of collective bargaining agreement to
permit effective management of staff.
- The Supervisor arranges and delivers daily shift huddles
- Follow and Maintain all Food Safety, SQF, GMP and HACCP
- Safety mentality, LOTO, confined space.
- QC Methodology: Meets specification for both external and
- Utilizes good team member skills.
- Management: Develop employees, delegate, coach and build teams.
- Clear concise communication both verbally and in writing to all
levels within the organization.
- Leadership: Should be able to lead people even if they do not
report directly to position.
- Able to facilitate and manage meetings.
- Understands and uses the PMC Maintenance parts cage
- Is familiar with General NEC requirements for electrical
systems and safety.
- Decision Making: Use of decision tools (priority list, Downtime
and Speed Escalation).
- Recognize Waste and Opportunity: Able to recognize waste and
size up opportunities for improvement.
- Computer proficiency. Microsoft office applications, CMMS
(PMC), Kronos time management
- Building equipment: Vacuum pumps, compressors, HVAC,
- Technical degree desirable.
- 5 years in a maintenance role. Experience working in paper or
film converting and/or printing a plus.
- Reinforcing number one core value of safety all day
- Responsible for all Buildings and Grounds activities.
- Responsible for Maintaining and repairs of all manufacturing
- Responsible for Training, Evaluating, Disciplining, and
Supervising all Maintenance employees.
- Must be able to use elevating equipment such as scissor lifts,
and articulating lifts.
- Must be able to operate Material handling equipment.
- Must have and maintain a valid Driver’s license.
- Must be able to ascend and descend ladders and stairs
- Must be able to ascend and decent ladders to; and through, roof
hatches around facility
- Must be able to Walk, Stand, Climb, Stoop, use aerial lift
equipment, Material Handling Equipment and lift a minimum of
Hoffmaster Group Inc.
Learn more about our multiple locations!
Let’s connect! Facebook - LinkedIn - YouTube - Pinterest
We care about our employee’s wellbeing which is why we offer a
full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
and Disability insurances, student debt assistance (coming Jan.),
physical and mental wellness programs, Employee Assistance Program,
The above information on this description has been designed
to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain
or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To
accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential
function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, veteran or disability status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Hoffmaster Group, Inc., Oshkosh , 3rd Shift Maintenance Supervisor, Other , Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!