Care Advocate Specialist - 2nd Shift
Company: Professional Services Group, Inc.
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Professional Services Group, Inc. Description: PSG/CIP is a
multi-service community-based social services organization that
fulfills its mission of helping individuals and families to achieve
their greatest potential through dynamic, cost effective and
innovative programming responsive to the needs of diverse
communities.WHY WORK FOR PSG/CIP?
- Be part of a great team that is passionate and dedicated to
making a difference in the community!
- Opportunities for advancement
- Professional development trainings
- Great work-life balance
- Competitive benefits package, including paid time off and
company holidays; health, vision, dental, and life insurance;
short- and long-term disability; 401k and profit sharing.The Care
Advocate Specialist will provide direct care and services to the
residents of Winnebago County DHS Shelter Care as directed by the
Shelter Care Supervisor. This position will provide a safe, secure
and positive environment for residents as well as complete
necessary and required paperwork for all youth residents and the
facility. The Care Advocate Specialist will act as a lead worker in
providing guidance and assistance to other shelter care staff
regarding all aspects of the shelter care facility. Office Location
and Hours This position will work at the Winnebago County Shelter
Care. The hours of this position will be from 2pm-10pm, with
rotating weekends and some on-call hours.SALARY: $21.00 an hourKey
- Provide direct care and services to all of the children and
youth at the shelter care facility.
- Actively engage youth residents in educational, recreational,
intellectual and life skills activities.
- Maintain the facility and daily operations.
- Ensure the basic needs of the youth are met, including but not
limited to nutritional food preparation and medication
- Complete all paperwork as required by the agency and state
licensing rules and regulations.
- As the lead worker, provide direction, assistance and guidance
to Youth Care Specialists in caring for the youth residents,
maintaining the facility, completing all required processes,
paperwork and documentation, and completing all required staff
- Provide youth transportation to school, work, court,
recreational activities and other appointments as needed.
- At minimum, a high school education with a minimum of an
Associates degree or 2 years of comparable post high school
education, training or experience (paid or volunteer) that has
provided the skills and knowledge necessary to provide proper care
to children/youth living in a temporary living environment who may
be experiencing significant trauma.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution of
higher learning, preferably in social work, psychology, or a
related field is highly preferred.
- Leadership experience is preferred.
- Must possess a valid Wisconsin driver's license and meet agency
driving guidelines. Equal Employment
Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
Tags: youth, teen, community, mental health, social services, human
services, addiction counseling, supportive, nurture, career,
treatment, crisis, kids, children, therapy, multilingual,
bilingual, behavior, communications, compassion, positive, impact,
continuing education, development, professional development,
professional growth, advancement, family, families
Keywords: Professional Services Group, Inc., Oshkosh , Care Advocate Specialist - 2nd Shift, Other , Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!