Company: Omni Glass & Paint
Posted on: January 15, 2023
ABOUT OMNI: Omni Glass & Paint has been in business since 1967.
Since then, Omni has become one of the largest glass and paint
contractors in the state of Wisconsin. Providing innovative project
ideas from homes to hospitals; banks to office buildings; terminals
to technical schools. We have satisfied customers not only
throughout Wisconsin but in neighboring states as well. Omni prides
itself on having a learning culture. You will find employees with
longevity into their careers and some that are just starting their
career paths. All our employees appreciate that we have an employee
first culture. Omni recognizes the importance of family; with
continued education in safety and wellness amongst our employees.
Here at Omni we have Quality People, Quality Products, and Quality
Service. LOCATION: Oshkosh Area POSITION SUMMARY: Applies coats of
paint, varnish, stain, enamel, or lacquer to decorate and protect
interior or exterior surfaces, trimmings, and fixtures of buildings
and other structures and covers interior walls of rooms with
decorative wallpaper or fabric by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: * Works in such a manner as
not to jeopardize own safety or safety of others
* Ability to travel to various worksites, primarily in the Midwest.
Overnight travel may be required.
* Smooth surfaces and removes old paint from surfaces to prepare
surfaces for painting. This is done through scraping or using
* Fills nail holes, cracks, and joints with caulk, putty, plaster,
or other filler.
* Selects premixed paints, or mixes required portions of pigment,
oil, and thinning and drying substances to prepare paint that
matches specified colors.
* Removes fixtures such as pictures and electric switch covers from
walls prior to painting.
* Paints surfaces with brushes, spray gun (conventional or
airless), or paint rollers.
* Applies paint with cloth, brush, sponge, or fingers to create
* Erects scaffolding or sets up ladders to perform tasks above
* Measures and cuts strips from roll of wallpaper or fabric.
* Mixes paste to desired consistency and brushes paste on back of
wallpaper or fabric.
* Trims selvage (rough edge) from strips.
* Places paste-coated strips on wall or ceiling to match adjacent
edges of figured strips, and smooth joints and trims excess
material at ceiling and baseboard.
* Smooth strips with dry brush or felt-covered roller to remove
wrinkles and bubbles.
* Wears necessary protective equipment such as a respirator or
spray hood, hard hat, safety glasses, safety shoes, hand
protection, and hearing protection or any additional personal
protective equipment that is required by the customer.
* Additional duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this
job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. * High School
Diploma or equivalency- Required
* 1-3 years painting experience Preferred
* Driver's license and reliable transportation - Required
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and blueprints
* Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiple and
divide with 10'sand 100's Required
* Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete
variables in standardized situations - Required
* Must be able to meet the attendance requirements - Required
* Ability to work as a team and independently - Required
* Ability to work at heights from a ladder and a lift -
* Ability to be available for flexible work hours to include
evenings, weekends and/or nights- Required PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. * While performing the duties of this job, the employee
is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel
objects, tools or controls.
* Frequently required to stand for long periods of time, walk, and
reach with hands and arms.
* Occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch,
or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
* Constantly lift and/or move up to 25 50 pounds
* Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 - 75 pounds
* Occasionally lift and/or move more than 75 - 100 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and the ability to adjust focus. (Occasionally-1-25% of
the time; frequently 26-75% of the time; constantly=76-100% of the
time) WORK ENVIORNMENT: The work environment characteristics
described here are Representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. * While performing the duties
of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes and
* Frequently works in high, precarious places and in outside
* Frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals such as epoxy
and other chemically cured coatings.
* Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts
* Occasionally exposed to wet, and/or humid conditions, extreme
heat, and vibration.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
(Occasionally: 1-25% of the time; Frequently: 26-75% of the time;
Constantly: 76-100% of the time) Omni Glass & Paint Inc. is an
Equal Opportunity Employer and Encourages Minorities, Females,
Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities to apply.
Keywords: Omni Glass & Paint, Oshkosh , Commercial Painter, Other , Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!