Materials Supervisor - 3rd Shift
Company: Oshkosh Defense
Posted on: June 8, 2019
At Oshkosh Defense, we stand behind those who dedicate their lives
to protecting others. Every day we strive to meet or exceed our
customers' ever-changing needs with next generation defense
technologies and advanced systems. We operate with unparalleled
commitment to those who depend on our products and services
worldwide to perform their missions.
Oshkosh Defense is a segment of Oshkosh Corporation, which is a
Fortune 500, multi-billion dollar company. At Oshkosh Corporation
we are dedicated to designing and building the world's toughest
specialty trucks, truck bodies, and access equipment by working
shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
Support plant teams with materials, technical support & leadership
to create a safe, productive & profitable environment. Plan and
facilitate work of assigned employees to support on-time completion
of production schedules.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support teams as required.
- Maintain a positive working attitude and environment.
- Ensure that policies, procedures, and bargaining unit agreement
requirements are satisfied.
- Implement and sustain 5S in work areas.
- Willingness to accept and delegate authority.
- Accurately maintain company records and documents in accordance
with policies and procedures.
- Focus on product quality and process control.
- Interview, appraise and discipline employees. Acknowledge team
- Investigate & perform root cause analysis on line & material
- Support machine and equipment repairs.
- Report and respond to product and process nonconformance
- Implement effective corrective actions utilizing structured
- Point of contact for all safety issues: investigate accidents,
apply solutions, etc.
- Monitor and manage budgets, costs, and overtime.
- Meet expected production requirements.
- Implement & support the Continuous Improvement Plan. Coach
employees within the plan.
- Participate in the resolution of grievances.
- Champion process improvements & lead Kaizen events.
- Create value stream mapping & standard work.
- Must be willing to complete additional advanced
training/education courses as required.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 year of related experience
- Bachelor's degree in Operations Management or related
- 2 or more years experience managing in a manufacturing and/or
- Lean/Six Sigma or Project Management certification
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all
individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as
provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an
Oshkosh Corporation will not discharge or in any manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with
Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to
controlled goods and technologies subject to the International
Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration
Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S.
Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S.
Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an
individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted
Keywords: Oshkosh Defense, Oshkosh , Materials Supervisor - 3rd Shift, Other , Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!