Manufacturing Engineering Co-op
Company: Oshkosh Defense
Posted on: June 8, 2019
COMPANY PROFILEAt Oshkosh Defense, we stand behind those who
dedicate their lives to protecting others. Every day we strive to
meet or exceed our customers' ever-changing needs with next
generation defense technologies and advanced systems. We operate
with unparalleled commitment to those who depend on our products
and services worldwide to perform their missions.
Oshkosh Defense is a segment of Oshkosh Corporation, which is a
Fortune 350, multi-billion dollar company. At Oshkosh Corporation
we are dedicated to designing and building the world's toughest
specialty trucks and truck bodies and access equipment by working
shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
Assist the Manufacturing Engineering department in successfully
achieving manufacturing goals and contribute to continuous
improvement efforts. The ME Intern will receive assignments from
the Manager of Manufacturing, or an assigned representative, and
will be encouraged to contribute ideas and suggestions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Audit and update work instructions, routings and bills of
2. Improve material handling methods.
3. Perform time studies.
4. Develop methods in fabrication and machining processes.
5. Perform work station/cell analyses to improve productivity and
6. Provide technical support to the production personnel.
7. Provide input for manufacturing fixtures and tooling.
8. Assist with plant layout and work station design.
9. Learn and use ERP manufacturing software.
10. Create documentation for new product launches.
11. Learn product launches, line set-ups, rebalances and build
12. Learn to creat station layouts and complete work
13. All other duties or projects as assigned.
- Student working towards a Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing,
Welding Engineering Technology, Industrial, Mechanical or other
related Engineering field throughout the entire duration of the
- Graduation date after May 2020.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required.
- These are full-time co-op opportunities, which means this
individual must be willing to travel or relocate to Oshkosh, WI for
6-7 months starting in July/August/September 2019.
- Student must be a U.S. person. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a
U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has
been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum. Visas (including
student visas) are not included in this definition.
- Working knowledge or exposure to JD Edwards.
- Exposure to Lean concepts.
- Experience in welding, machining, or fabrication.
- Experience with 2D & 3D CAD software.
- Exposure to Lean and 5S concepts.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all
individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as
provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an
employment application.Oshkosh Corporation will not discharge or in
any manner discriminate against employees or applicants because
they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or
the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who
have access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty
to furnish information.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to
controlled goods and technologies subject to the International
Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration
Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S.
Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S.
Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an
individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted
Keywords: Oshkosh Defense, Oshkosh , Manufacturing Engineering Co-op, Other , Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!