Company: Waldan Paper Services LLC
Posted on: June 9, 2019
Waldan Paper Services, LLC, Located in Oshkosh, WI is the leading
Flexographic Printer and paper converting manufacturer in the
mid-west, specializing in Flexographic Printing, Roto Gravure
Printing, Converting, & Coating, Gift Wrap and Commercial Wall
Covering Manufacturing. Since 1981, we have been providing
successful solutions and applications for our customers with both
our existing product and new product development. We are seeking to
hire Supervisios to help grow our business. Scheduled work week is
Monday through Friday on the 2nd or 3rd shift (2:00 p.m. to 10:00
p.m. and 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.) and additional weekend hours as
needed. Compensation commensurate with experience. Job Summary:
Support daily plant operations to maintain a consistent and
effective manufacturing flow while establishing a safe and healthy
plant environment for all employees. Minimize schedule disruptions
based on pro-actively resolving issues/problems related to the
manufacturing process by performing the following duties personally
or through subordinates. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor the work environment ensuring all employees adhere to
safety rules and guidelines.
- Resolve daily operational issues.
- Identify/investigate opportunities for plant and equipment
- Oversee preventative maintenance program and coordinate repairs
of plant and equipment to minimize production scheduling
- Establish appropriate Work/Training schedules.
- Identify potential revisions or updates needed to bring
Standard Operating (S.O.P.'s) current.
- Establish and train subordinates in Standard Operating
Procedures (SOP's) and identify any other training needs and/or
- Notify the President of perceived deficiencies in staffing or
- Notify the President of scheduling conflicts which would
adversely affect production efforts.
- Support "New Employee Orientation" process.
- Perform employee performance evaluations in a timely and
- Participate in and support team activities and projects.
- Order supplies needed to support production process.
- Adheres to all safety guidelines and machine operating
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Converting Supervisor will maintain the (HACCP) program; along
with other duties for that program. Education And Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Two years related printing experience.
- Machine or Flexo Press operation experience, preferred.
- A combination of equivalent experience and/or education may be
considered. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of machine operation and mechanical
knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of safety policies and
procedures to ensure employee safety.
- Skills in monitoring and supervising production personnel in
Printing and Converting areas. Considerable skills in providing
overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units.
Skills include planning, assigning, and directing workload of
production staff; appraising performance; rewarding and
disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving
problems; participating in the interviewing and training of
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions,
percentages, areas of circumference and volume. Can read and
interpret metric measurements. Ability to apply concepts of basic
algebra and geometry.
- Ability to read and interpret general business periodicals,
professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees of the
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers and employees.
- Ability to observe procedures, define problems and draw valid
conclusions, interpret an extensive variety of technical
instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several
abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to work the required hours of the position and
additional hours as needed. Physical Requirements: Ability to
perform the following activities:
- Stand, walk and bend.
- Use hands to handle or feel; reach and grab hands and
- Talk and hear frequently.
- Sit, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, occasionally.
- Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus. The above is
not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties,
responsibilities or requirements. I have read the above position
description and understand the duties and responsibilities of the
position and I can perform the duties and responsibilities with or
without reasonable accommodations.
Keywords: Waldan Paper Services LLC, Oshkosh , SUPERVISORS, Other , Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!