Manufacturing Technician - 2nd Shift
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Plexus Appleton Hiring Event!Appleton, WIOur people create our
best Plexus.We're hiring. Plexus is hiring production roles to
support a variety of shifts across our manufacturing sites. From
surgical devices and health monitors to warehouse robotics and
space products, we partner with our customers to help create the
products that build a better world.Whether you're looking to start
your manufacturing career or are an experienced general laborer,
find your path at Plexus and leave your mark on the world. All team
members will experience on-the-job training as necessary to be
successful in their role.Full-Time employees are eligible for
benefits starting on day one.On-the-spot offers will be provided.
- Manufacturing Technician
- 2nd Shift Monday - Thursday, 3:00pm - 1:00am Purpose Statement:
Responsible for evaluating and defining the manufacturing processes
in order to ensure that Plexus and Customer requirements are being
met. The position is a key technical point of contact for the Focus
Factory Team and an advocate for their needs. Shift: 2nd Key Job
- Support assembly build instruction creation and upkeep.
- Understand all equipment capabilities, operation and methods
within the focus factory to ensure superb product quality, process
capability and efficiency.
- Ensure all processes are set-up, operating and monitored in
accordance with the requirements set forth by the manufacturing
engineer and customer, and support a smooth product transition into
- Support and Perform research of customer and supplier
documentation (datasheets, drawings, etc.) to ensure material
conforms to specifications. Additional Accountabilities:
- Perform Cp and Cpk for assigned equipments.
- Support development and usage of tools to help ensure proper
configuration of orders per the customer's requirements.
- Support New Assembly Transitions, New Customer Introductions,
User Group Implementations and DFM Development.
- Support new product start-up and First Build
- Work with Factory Team, Planners, Test Personnel, and
Manufacturing Engineering to prioritize and plan daily needs for
- Minimal travel may be required to meet the needs of the
- Additional duties as assigned. Education/Experience
- A minimum of a High School diploma is required; Associate's
degree is preferred.
- One (1) year of related experience is required; One (1) or more
years of related experience is preferred.
- Knowledge in PCB assembly process, SMT, RoHS assembly, Lean
Manufacturing, IPC standards, & Quality Systems required. An
equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to
successfully perform the key job accountabilities may be
considered. Other Qualifications:
- Intermediate verbal and written communication skills
- Understand and utilize ERP systems: JDE/Agile/Customer
- Understand and utilize the Plexus Data Collection software
- General office equipment and materials. Work Environment:
- The work setting should consist of a manufacturing environment
with suitable lighting, comfortable temperatures, and a moderate
noise level. This document does not represent a contract of
employment and is not intended to capture every possible assignment
the incumbent could be asked to perform.Some offers of employment
are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon
completion of a confidentiality agreement.Our Values and How We
Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment
decisions based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are
proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all
to apply today! Associated topics: assemble, assembler, assembly,
installation, reassemble, re assemble
Keywords: Plexus, Oshkosh , Manufacturing Technician - 2nd Shift, Professions , Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!