SENIOR MATERIALS COST ESTIMATOR
Company: Oshkosh Defense
Posted on: September 29, 2018
COMPANY PROFILE At Oshkosh Defense, we stand behind those who dedicate their lives to protecting others. Every day we strive to meet or exceed our customers' ever-changing needs with next generation defense technologies and advanced systems. We operate with unparalleled commitment to those who depend on our products and services worldwide to perform their missions. Oshkosh Defense is a segment of Oshkosh Corporation, which is a Fortune 500, multi-billion dollar company. At Oshkosh Corporation we are dedicated to designing and building the world's toughest specialty trucks, truck bodies, and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them. JOB SUMMARY: The Sr. Material Cost Estimator supports all aspects of the GPSC proposal process in accordance with all applicable regulations, policies, procedures, and standards and will interact across multiple departments and at all levels of internal and external organizations. This role will support and implement overall strategy to reduce proposal turnaround time, improve quality, and ensure compliance with the GPSC proposal and estimating processes. In addition, this role will develop cost models, tools, and material estimates in accordance with the Oshkosh Estimating System. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Research and analyze data from a variety of internal and external sources to develop and maintain defensible cost estimating tools and associated Basis of Estimate (BOE) documentation in support of proposal efforts, supplier negotiations, and cost-savings efforts.
- Collaborate with Suppliers, Commodity Teams, Engineering, and other internal departments to gather data used to develop and support cost estimates, support supplier negotiations, and identify cost savings opportunities through the utilization of should-cost, target pricing, supplier negotiations, and benchmarking.
- Analyze technical drawings and other documentation to develop material cost estimates and relevant material BOEs utilizing cost estimating tools and techniques in support of pricing proposals.
- Develop compliant price reasonableness documentation that satisfies all requirements including clear, concise, and adequate procurement summaries documenting source selection, price analysis, and negotiations.
- Read and understand RFP requirements, develop detailed estimating and price analysis plan, and prepare and submit CBOMs in accordance with the Oshkosh Estimating & Pricing Manual.
- Communicate, as required, effectively with internal and external customers during the proposal process and for the duration of the contract period for the exchange of information.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects involving the development of new approaches and methods to attain Material Cost Estimating Team objectives and assist in the development, maintenance and oversight of GPSC estimating standards, procedures, and processes.
- Benchmark and analyze industry best practices, maintain current knowledge of industry trends in material cost estimating and price analysis techniques, and maintain current knowledge of the FAR, DFARs, and Oshkosh Estimating System requirements. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Finance, Engineering, or related field
- Five (5) or more years of experience in Procurement, Finance, Engineering or a related area
- Requires a willingness and ability to work extended hours when proposal schedules necessitate PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master's Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain/Operations Management, Finance, Engineering, or related field
- Relevant industry recognized certifications (CPSM, CSCP, SPSC, PMP, etc.)
- Material cost estimating experience in manufacturing or defense industry
- Experience in estimating, forecasting, cost accounting, negotiation, and creation of cost estimating models
- Strong working knowledge of FAR / DFARS and other relevant procurement laws and regulations
- Ability to read and understand RFP requirements and execute Bid Strategy
- Ability to accurately interpret technical drawings and documents
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail, problem solving, decision-making, and People First Leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines in a schedule driven environment. Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application. Oshkosh Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information. Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.
Keywords: Oshkosh Defense, Oshkosh , SENIOR MATERIALS COST ESTIMATOR, Professions , Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!