Company: Waldan Paper Services LLC
Posted on: January 12, 2019
Waldan Paper Services, LLC, located in Oshkosh, WI, is the leading Flexographic Printer and paper converting manufacturer in the mid-west, specializing in Flexographic Printing, Roto Gravure Printing, Converting & Coating, Gift Wrap and Commercial Wall Covering Manufacturing. Since 1981, we have been providing successful solutions and applications for our customers with both our existing product and new product development.
Waldan is looking for a Maintenance Technicians to work 1st shift (6:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.), Monday through Friday with some additional weekend hours. Depending on experience salary range is $16.00 to $25.00 per hour.
The Maintenance Technician position performs diverse mechanical and electrical activities to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive maintenance systems and processes to support the company operations, while maintaining compliant with all safety requirements per established company policies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform machine repair, and preventative maintenance
- Custom fabrication and welding, limited
- Use grinders, drills and hand tools
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production to minimize down time, diagnosing problems, replacing or repairing parts, testing and making adjustments
- Diagnose machine malfunctions and operating difficulties, make repairs and adjustments as needed
- Follow established equipment Lockout/Tagout procedures as required without fail
- Regularly inspects for plant safety
- Forklift and equipment PMs
- Maintain clean and orderly work areas
- Perform other duties as assigned
- An Associates or Technical Degree in Maintenance or related field
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a hands on maintenance role in a manufacturing plant
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and with changing environmental conditions
- Must provide their own set of tools
- Experience installing electrical components such as Transformers, Drives- wiring electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment is a plus, not required
- Combination of equivalent experience and/or education will be considered
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Broad knowledge of maintenance skills including: mechanical repair, welding, pneumatic, mathematics, hydraulics, and electrical repair to include control wiring, 110 volts, 220 volts, and 480 volts three phase power and 12DC.
- Knowledge of: 6S and lean manufacturing; OSHA guidelines of lockout/tagout; P.P.E.; Hazardous chemicals.
- Knowledge of all tools utilized in equipment maintenance and repair.
- Good math, mechanical and measuring skills. Good communication and organizational skills. Basic computer skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently; ability to read and follow detailed instructions, and think/react quickly to troubleshoot daily electrical and mechanical issues.
- Ability to communicate professionally with all individuals within the company.
- Ability to obtain and maintain in-house forklift license, participate in OSHA training, and other training as required.
- Ability to work the required hours of the position including on-call weekends on a rotating basis.
Ability to perform the following activities:
- Lift and carry up to 50; occasionally lift and carry up to 100 pounds with assistance
- Stand and walk for full shift; frequently reach with hands
- Occasionally sit, climb, crawl, crouch, kneel, bend and stoop
- Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
The above is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. I have read the above position description and understand the duties and responsibilities of the position.
Keywords: Waldan Paper Services LLC, Oshkosh , MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN, Professions , Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!