Patient Service Representative-Quick Care
Company: Advocate Aurora Health
Posted on: March 19, 2023
02191 AQC Oshkosh - Immediate Care: Retail
Hours Per Week:
Schedule Details/Additional Information:
Flexible days during the week, includes every other weekend, no
Open Clinic Hours:
- Greets patients and visitors and responds to routine requests
for information. Answers telephone, screens calls, and takes
- Registers patients; obtains demographic and insurance
information; verifies insurance coverage, collects co-pays,
deductibles, and previous balances; posts payments and updates
demographic and insurance information. Identifies, reports, and
resolves problems regarding registration to appropriate individuals
- Updates insurance, financial responsibility and other data when
changes or additions occur, and communicates to patient as
- Ensures insurance and patient information obtained is complete
and accurate, applying acquired knowledge of government and third
party payor requirements.
- Monitors patient flow to ensure they are cared for in the most
efficient and courteous manner. Offers various assistance to
patients to include: arranging transportation needs, providing
directions, locating wheelchair, etc.
- Performs visit closure including checking out patients after
visit, scheduling follow-up appointments, and providing patients
with a visit summary.
- May file, retrieve, and/or deliver patient information and/or
records, and completes required forms/documentation.
- Prepares patient for exam and assists with exams and
procedures. Obtains and records vital signs and assists in
obtaining patient history, including current medications.
- Organizes and prepares exam rooms and work areas, including
stocking, ordering supplies, and stocking patient education files.
Maintains work area and lobby in neat and orderly manner. Assists
in cleaning duties including garbage removal.
- May perform vision testing, specimen collection, and ear lavage
as ordered by healthcare provider.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to
provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served. Must
demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development
over the life span and possess the ability to assess data
reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate
information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative
to his/her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as
described in the department's policies and procedures. Age-specific
information is developed further in the departmental job standards.
Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification Required:
- None Required. Education Required:
- High School Graduate. Experience Required:
- No experience required. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal
skills; ability to effectively communicate with a variety of
patients, staff and physicians.
- Intermediate computer skills including experience in using
personal computers; including Microsoft Office or similar
applications, and electronic mail.
- Training or experience in keyboarding/data entry with an
emphasis on speed and accuracy.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to read and understand verbal and written instructions,
and to sort and file information alphabetically and
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with a strong
attention to detail and accuracy. Physical Requirements and Working
- Exposed to normal medical office environment, may be exposed to
potentially ill patients.
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, lift, squat, bend, twist and
reach above shoulders frequently throughout the workday.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs. without assistance.
- May be exposed to chemicals as well as blood and body fluids;
therefore, protective clothing must be worn as necessary.
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work
expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform
other related duties.
Advocate Aurora Health is one of the 10th largest not-for-profit,
integrated health systems in the U.S. with nearly 3 million
patients served at more than 500 sites of care in Illinois and
Wisconsin, including 28 hospitals. We're redefining the standard
for care with world-class doctors and caregivers, innovative
solutions, outstanding outcomes, and leading-edge research and
clinical trials. Combined, Advocate and Aurora are recognized for
clinical excellence in a variety of specialties. Advocate Aurora
Health is one of the 10th largest not-for-profit, integrated health
systems in the U.S. with nearly 3 million patients served at more
than 500 sites of care in Illinois and Wisconsin, including 28
hospitals. We're redefining the standard for care with world-class
doctors and caregivers, innovative solutions, outstanding outcomes,
and leading-edge research and clinical trials. Combined, Advocate
and Aurora are recognized for clinical excellence in a variety of
Keywords: Advocate Aurora Health, Oshkosh , Patient Service Representative-Quick Care, Sales , Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...