Patient Service Representative PSR - Koeller Internal Medicine
Company: WI-Oshkosh-MMG Oshkosh Med Group Koel
Posted on: January 5, 2019
We Are Hiring Patient Service Representative PSR - Oshkosh Koeller Internal Medicine - Full-Time Days 36 Hours Per Week as follows: M, W, Th, F 0 & Tues 0Why Join Ascension? In Wisconsin, Ascension operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Ascension provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Ascension is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care - including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities - in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit We're looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin.What You Will Do As an Associate with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to perform clerical and reception duties associated with patient registration.Responsibilities:
- Greets patients and visitors, responds to questions/concerns and directs them to appropriate location. Provides on-going communication with clinical staff regarding patient status.
- Collects and enters all necessary demographic, clinical, billing and insurance information from patients or responsible parties.
- Explains processes and forms to patients prior to securing signatures and ensures that all documents are properly signed and witnessed as required.
- Determines and accepts required payments, including co-pays and deductibles.
- Obtains authorization for procedures, services and/or admissions as required by health plans. May provide estimation of costs for services for patient.
- Coordinates and/or schedules patient procedures, consultations and tests.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA). Education:
- HS or Equivalent
- High School graduate or equivalent required. Previous education in medical terminology strongly preferred. Work Experience:
- No experience required; experience in the job related field preferred.Equal Employment Opportunity Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:M/F/Disabled/VetEEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Keywords: WI-Oshkosh-MMG Oshkosh Med Group Koel, Oshkosh , Patient Service Representative PSR - Koeller Internal Medicine, Sales , Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!